8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Goko RM8008 instruction manual wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goko RM8008 instruction manual wanted
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 03, 2006 07:06 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just acquired this very niece piece of equipement in mint condition. Using it seems to be a no-brainer, but I would love to get a copy of the instruction manual in case I'm missing any of the subtleties that could be associated with the recording process. Cheap Xerox (providing I can read it) or even pdf is fine.
Anybody can help? Alan (Rik)? Kev?

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 03, 2006 08:16 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc,

I'm a huge fan of the 8008. I use it to re-record soundtracks since I feel it delivers better audio quality than my Elmo or Bauer. I'll be happy to scan the booklet and send it to Brad so he can post it in the manual section.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 03, 2006 09:03 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Doug,
I probably asked you before but when you use it..how do you get it to sync up properly? I was stunned by the recordings it made but since it didn't have pulse sync it would only keep sync for a minute or so only...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 03, 2006 09:55 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

I set up the Goko with the DVD monitor behind it, slightly off to the side. I then run both and adjust the speed on the Goko to match the DVD. I can only tell that they're in sync when the shot edits occur simultaneously. When I was re-recording Terminator 2 they maintained sync for 15-20 minutes!
There are quite a few variables involved. I put new belts on the Goko to make sure they were tight and that the reels wouldn't slip. Smaller, lighter reels work better. I'd never attempt to re-record using anything larger than a 600' reel. It's definitely not a perfect system but the results sound spectacular. However, if Pedro ever came out with a sync box for use in the States.....

Doug

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 03, 2006 10:09 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, yes, please forward the copy to Brad for the benefit of all members.

Great machine. And almost as big as the GS1200.

--------------------

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2006 11:19 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, if it is of any use to you, I have a full manual for the Goko RM-5000 that you can have free of charge. If you would like this manual, please email me your postal address & I will post it to you.

-

Maybe you could scan the manual & ask Brad to add this to the Manuals section.

If any forum member requires any spares for this model please let me know as I have a virtualy complete unit that I am stripping for spare parts.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 05, 2006 11:04 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc,

I'm still working on the scans. I forgot that this is a 60 page manual!

Doug

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 05, 2006 03:05 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell do they have to say on 60 pages ???? [Eek!]

Craig was kind enough to mail the 5000 manual, it will be interesting to compare.

Well... Not sure about the "interesting" part.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 07, 2006 05:35 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig, the manual is here.

It's nearly 60 pages as well and, of course, in a format that prevent any scan of a double page...

Darn...

Doug, in the 8008, is there any specific chapter where they talk about recording on track #2 what's on track #1?

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 08, 2006 09:08 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc,

Indeed there is. I've sent the scans to Brad, who'll have the manual up shortly. If you send me a personal e-mail I'll send you the scan of the page that describes how.

Doug

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 08, 2006 09:44 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks.

email: jmtoussaint (at) amusement-id (dot) com

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC