8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Looking for a minty GS800

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a minty GS800
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 14, 2006 11:21 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I`m on the lookout for a minty GS800 UK or Europe, any one got a nice affordable one to move on.
Best Mark.

PS a nice st1200HD would be the ticket too.

[ April 14, 2006, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 15, 2006 10:31 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have I got one for ya... it's located in Germany but shipping shouldn't be too terrible for you in the UK. It's an Elmo ST-1200HD M&O - the one with magnetic AND optical sound, quite rare indeed. 1200HDs do show up regularly, but almost never in the M&O version.
If it weren't so far away I'd have scooped it up in a heartbeat and put up my current 1200HD for sale. Sigh [Wink]

Here it is

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 15, 2006 11:29 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jan, I dropped them a mail.they are usually 220 volts fixed so not so handy for the US.
Best Mark.

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2006 01:17 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! Jan tell me,i'm curious,looking at the 3d photo of the st1200hd link don't you think 2 rubber rollers before the take up reel are missing or there shouldn't be anyway?

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 15, 2006 03:56 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark:

Oops, I forgot about the voltage difference, and the auction doesn't say whether this is a multi-voltage unit or not. Might be worth asking the seller.

Tassos:

You mean the twin rollers before the lower sprocket wheel, right? No, they're not missing - this is an earlier design of the ST-1200HD that doesn't have them (there is a spring-loaded green guide piece instead but you can't really see it in the picture). Elmo added the rollers later in an attempt to smoothen sound playback and reduce wow, but apparently with little effect. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 15, 2006 03:58 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark:

Oops, I forgot about the voltage difference, and the auction doesn't say whether this is a multi-voltage unit or not. Might be worth asking the seller.

Tassos: You mean the twin rollers before the lower sprocket wheel, right? No, they're not missing - this is an earlier design of the ST-1200HD that doesn't have them (there is a spring-loaded green guide piece instead but you can't really see it in the picture). Elmo added the rollers later in an attempt to smoothen sound playback and reduce wow, but apparently with little effect. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2006 04:24 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Jan. I was curious simply because i've seen these rollers on an 1200d which is considered a previous model:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/roberto967/images/PAGINAFOTOELMO1200D.HTM

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 15, 2006 11:31 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed... but there are (I believe) three versions of the HD design alone, and that's not even counting the D design and the original "Honeywell" 1200 one. Kevin Faulkner should be able to provide more detail on this, though. [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC