8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » ST/GS spare parts needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST/GS spare parts needed
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 17, 2006 08:14 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all...
I've had the tiny chrome screw that's holding the top springed part of the film gate go "boing" while I was cleaning the path. I managed to catch the spring in flight (beginner's luck) but lost the screw... Anybody got a spare or would be kind enough to point me into the right direction in order to find a replacement?
Also looking for an ST1200 internal speaker in good working order.

Please, make offer (including shipping to France) to:

super8 (at) amusement-id (dot) com

thanks.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 17, 2006 11:36 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi JM,

I think it will be difficult to get those very easily but I think that Jan should be able to help you as he has a couple of ST's he's stripping for spares.

Those small brass screws are the same on all the machines.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 17, 2006 12:39 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev...
I have removed the screw from my old ST to fix the GS. But it breaks my heart to leave the ST like that, as it's a sturdy little guy.

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 17, 2006 09:20 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fear not - I can give you both the screw and the speaker. (Do you want just the speaker by itself, or do you want the entire back cover with the speaker mounted in it?)
Send me a PM or email me at jbister (@) neo.rr.com ... and we can talk shipping and all that boring stuff. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 19, 2006 05:14 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Jan your a good man [Smile] I knew you would be able to help Jean-Marc on this one. Well done [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 19, 2006 11:46 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aw shucks, Kevin, I'm more than glad to do this for him [Cool]

(Jean-Marc, got your email, will reply soon but am on my way to bed for now... it's past midnight already) [Eek!]

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 20, 2006 03:05 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, no rush. Thanks in advance. [Smile]

--------------------

Reb Tanner
Junior

- posted August 10, 2006 11:05 AM      Profile for Reb Tanner   Author's Homepage   Email Reb Tanner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan. Do you have any spare ST-1200 main switches (ie, the "on/off")?

Best Wishes

Reb

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 10, 2006 11:50 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jan, You could do a roaring trade with those spare parts [Wink]

Kev. [Smile]

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2006 04:51 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Kev, I told Jan the same thing...but it seems he's just too nice a guy to make much money "parting out" his machines. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 10, 2006 06:18 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The Doctor, had to buy those duff machines in the first place so why not try to at least break even and not lose out on the money spent.

Each ST has many parts that are no longer available and I dont really want to see Jan giving parts away when he could be getting some of his well earnt money back on them.

Kev.

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 10, 2006 08:32 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got me convinced, guys - the next person in need of a spare part will receive it from me for $100, not including shipping, handling, materials, time expense or any other fees.

Just kidding! I'll still be reasonable [Big Grin] [Wink]

EDIT: I almost missed Reb's post. Reb: first off, welcome to the forum, and secondly, I do have an ST-1200HD rotary switch (as well as the 3-way lamp switch for off/lo/hi). Feel free to PM or email me to talk about what you need. [Smile]

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2006 02:07 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, you're such a nice guy. Could you send me a spare GS-1200? Doesn't have to be in full working order but all the better if it is.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 11, 2006 10:57 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*blush*

Now if I had a GS-1200 bought as a parts unit, I'd be moving mountains to get it fixed - and keep it!! [Razz]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC