8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » SAWN OFF ELMO REWINDS- OUCH

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SAWN OFF ELMO REWINDS- OUCH
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2006 10:06 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep.

Sounds painfull. Just one bidder at the moment........

Ouch

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2006 11:03 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, notice the highest bidder is Mr 8meg broadband with a stop watch. [Big Grin]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 15, 2006 11:13 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Kev from Kent is watching...

[Big Grin]

The surgery doesn't sound THAT bad.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2006 03:44 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Jean-Marc, it is I, Le'Clerk.
Curses, it seems my cover has been blown - despite choosing an Ebay user ID craftily disguised from my real name you chaps have worked it out............

Actually Craig whilst my stopwatch and deft mouse control are still functioning 100% my ability to time my bidding to the final seconds has been severely hampered since I moved from BT to Talk Talk Broadband (cheap as chips service though).

Just a thought Tony, you may well get more bids if you accentuate the positive and celebrate their uniqueness, perhaps adding this line 'Unlike the original clamp design these carefully modified rewinds will never slip once bolted to your marble kitchen worktop'.

Craig would likely have gone further with his usual marketing style and added about two more pages of descriptive text and around 20 photos taken at every conceivable position and angle [Wink]

I'm hoping Tony will accept a £10 Farepack Christmas 2006 gift voucher from me towards payment for these beauties should I be lucky enough to win them.

Kevin

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 12:48 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great idea. I will go get a pro to shoot them for all angles!

Well the "watchers" total" 8 so far and I have had a private offer which I might just have to accept (Sorry Kev but 99p......)

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 01:44 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tony.

So you really are willing to pass by my generous offer of the voucher in payment AND risk incurring the full wrath of Ebay for ending an item early that already has bids on it? [Big Grin]

Joking apart though, I already have a nice set of clamp-on Super 8 Elmo rewinds I picked up for £20 earlier this year on Ebay - my reason for bidding for these is to use them raised on a board with extra support blocks & modified keys to make a 5000ft capacity 16mm rewind bench. I'll fully understand if you prefer to sell them to someone else direct & thus save them from further butchery!

Kevin

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 16, 2006 02:41 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm gonna hurl... This is barbaric.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 06:28 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, they will increase in price within the last hour of the auction.

Genuine geared Elmo re-wind arms, I could have had a field day with this listing. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Kevin, my Ebay account is in the process of a hostile take over from the wife, my account stock market share value has increased 20% in the last two days. The wife has negotiated a contract with a toy wholesaler & rather than start from scratch, she wants my account re-named so she can steal my feedback. [Frown]

As yet we are still negotiating my fee. This will cost her dearly. [Big Grin]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC