8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » EUMIG MARK S O&M LAMP PROBLEM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EUMIG MARK S O&M LAMP PROBLEM
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 04, 2007 09:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is that I ran out of those little lamps for this projector, and I need to locate some. The problem is, I'm not sure if the "original box" of lamps that came with it was actually the right kind of lamps. These are :
4 volt

It is precentered on the bracket, (according to the manuel, the ordering number is 736.1740/4, but I'm not sure if that is just the lamp number or includes the bracket.

They are supposed to last 3000 hours, but I'd swear that this one only lasted perhaps 300 hours or so.

I wouldn't gripe, except that the sound out of this EUMIG is so loud and strong for optical sound, I'd hate to lose this projector.

Anyhow, how should I find these?

I thank you for your time.

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 05, 2007 05:29 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
If you remove the lamp does it have a number on it or maybe 3 letters such as BRK etc.
Can you take a pic of the lamp?
Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 05, 2007 09:29 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, I cannot take a picture. I do have a camera with computer ready access, but I need the cord for that to go to the digital camera.

Also, sadly, it does not have any numbers on it. The info I gave in the post is right out of the EUMIG manuel. I'll give the manuel a second look and see if it's located elsewhere in there.

I can tell you it's a tiny thing, the full body of the lamp is less than a inch, it has a "tip" or nipple to the end of it, and
it had the two prongs on the end for plug in. The prongs are longver than on most lamps I've noticed.

The strange thing is that though it does have some darkening on the bulb, the "filament" between the two prongs inside the bulb is not broken. Usually, when I've seen a filament in a bulb, that breaks, thus enabling the bulb, but this one isn't broken.

Strange.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 05, 2007 11:42 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi I think possibly Phils Vintage movies in the USA may have a bulb. BLK G27 or 29 ring a bell.Could be a BLC.
Best Mark.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 05, 2007 06:10 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,
Any chance you could post some photos of the optical head area on the Mark S O&M? I have never seen one of these projectors and would be interested in seeing how Eumig handled the design of the mag/optical head, compared with say Elmo.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 05, 2007 08:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, once I get the right connection for my camera, I'll be able to get good pics of it, as I have a whole extra detachable sound mechanism. the whole sound mechanism, (both optical and magnetic, comes right off and plugs in.

Actually, once I have the time, I'm going to check to see if perhaps it might be the whole sound assembly that is whacked out.

More feedback! More feedback! the mo infomation, the better me search for dah right bulb!!

Dah!!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC