8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Kodak M100 on Ebay ..1.0 lens?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak M100 on Ebay ..1.0 lens?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted October 02, 2007 03:41 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-KODAK-INSTAMATIC-M100-SOUND-PROJECTOR_W0QQitemZ250171537857QQihZ015QQcategoryZ15255QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have nothing to do with this seller but I thought if any of you wanted to try the Adsett Mod with the 1.0 lens (if this has it..I can't tell by the photos) you may want to bid!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 02, 2007 04:48 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hardly in excellent condition as claimed by the seller! - it looks like it has spent 30 years in a damp basement! The lens might be OK or its coatings might be ruined, but I would be suprised if the sound system is still working. This one is a real gamble, the best you can hope for is a superb fixed focal length lens, the rest of the projector is probably a write off.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2007 04:21 AM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul
In a previous posting you extolled the qualities of the Kodak
1.0 lens fitted on the M-100 projector. Could you please help
me find that posting ? I would like to go over it again.
THanks and regards.

--------------------
António C. Mota

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 08, 2007 05:56 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Antonio,
I have referred to this lens specifically for use on Eumig S938 projectors:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002112

It will not work on Elmo machines as the back focal length is much smaller than the Elmo lens, and on Elmo projectors you cannot push the lens close enough to the gate to get focus.
On the Eumig 800 and 900 series projectors, this lens is better than any other lens in my inventory. I think it produces a much better picture than than even the Elmo f1.0 lens on the GS1200. I think the reason is because it is a fixed focal length lens (non-zoom) so there are far fewer lens components in the lens, therefore less light scatter and better contrast, plus it is needle sharp across the full field.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted October 08, 2007 03:58 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But at a fixed focal length of 22mm the lens does not get a picture that is very large if your viewing room is not that long ie: 10-15ft.
Now if they only made it a 12mm or 15mm....hmmm.....And also finding a machine shop to turn down the lens to fit is also an obstacle as well....

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 09, 2007 02:36 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That was one moldy looking projector. You might need a bottle of benadryl to go with it. [Eek!]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC