8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » 400 reels anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 400 reels anyone?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 01, 2007 04:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone in the forum, (stateside) have a bunch of 400ft reels that they just want to get rid of? I'll be happy to pay the postage for them. I'm REALLy starving for reels!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2007 09:59 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes osi i have several i had them ebay and the winner never came forward to buy them 5.00 + postage you can have them send me a email and i can send you a picture if interested. jim

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 02, 2007 12:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many are there Jim? Can I ship by media mail?

Also, how long has it been since he won the auction, as he COULD come back and ask for them and they'd be gone, then you could potemtially be in trouble.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 02, 2007 04:50 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting point......does there have to be media on the reel to ship by media mail?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 02, 2007 08:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Doug, I've shipped empty reels many times on media mail.

I'm in such bad need for reels that i have had to "core" features of lesser importance, just to have reels for the more important films!

--------------------

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2007 02:28 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
osi there are 7 total thay asre the thick black reels that come on niles products and yes they can be shipped media it was last spring he won them his loss. just let me know.

--------------------
jim schrader

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 05, 2007 03:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim , Ill send you a pm shortly, in the meantime, box up those little devils. try to find a box small enough to ship them in, as you don't really need much padding,. as reels travel well.

OSI AND Stephanie (who happens to be nibbling on my ear, GOTTA GO!)

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2007 04:36 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys, I work for the U.S.P.S. and posed this question today. The reels can't be sent via Media Rate with no "media" on them. You may be getting away with it, but it is NOT allowed. If the postal clerk ever decides to inspect what you're shipping (and they can) you'll be stopped. Just to let you know.... [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2007 08:41 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what would be the cheapest route to go?

--------------------
jim schrader

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2007 09:44 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
osi i will ship them as soon as payment is received and they will ship first class

--------------------
jim schrader

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 06, 2007 03:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, I would predfer media mail, which is quite affordable as well as highly reliable, AND holds the costs down as well. I'm at a public computr and can't send a PM to you at the moment, I've got a myiad of junk going on and I'll get it off toyou asap.

Note, please send me a PM so I'll know what your paypal address is for sending the payment.

All the best!

OSI

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC