8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » The General silent feature soundtrack wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The General silent feature soundtrack wanted
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2007 02:50 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,
Just purchased a copy of The General silent feature starring Buster Keaton and was wondering if anyone has some accompanying music for it.The sound of the projector is nice when viewing the film but i feel that it could be improved with a musical soundtrack.After seeing the films at the BFCC done in this way i would like to do the same thanks Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2007 05:56 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

You might want to check the local video rental places around you to see if they carry the film on DVD (or even VHS) with a score. Then tape the score (for home use, of course) and make a tape or CD to accompany the film.

Good Luck,
Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2007 03:33 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

"The General" is also available as free download:
http://www.archive.org/details/Buster_Keaton_The_General
(The "Download"-links are on the left under "Play/Download".)
And yes, this is a legal link :-)

Jörg
P.S.: You'll find other classics on archive.org as well, e.g. Jungle Book (1942, with Sabu). Or trailers (e.g. for "Chump At Oxford"), ... .

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2007 02:41 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Claus and Joerg for your replies Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2007 09:09 AM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,
You should check ebay, under buy it now. Someone is selling on cd the soundtrack to The General. I have the same cd.

Brad

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2007 10:04 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that info Brad, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC