8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » REPAIR SERVICE FOR ELMO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: REPAIR SERVICE FOR ELMO
Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 01:00 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if someone could recommend a repairman for an Elmo GS1200?

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 27, 2007 02:09 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best here in the US is Leon Norris in Norristown Pennsylvania.
Very reasonably priced and fast turn around. What is the problem with the machine?

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 10:00 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Alan. I did a search for Leon Norris and his address and phone came up. The power of the internet. It has a sound problem. Maybe speakers? Hope not the amplifier. Don't know.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 27, 2007 05:32 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry, describe the sound problem and maybe some one on the forum can help.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2007 12:31 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sound is scratchy as if the speakers are going out or something. I talked to Leon and told him the problem. And told me it could be this or that. But I wanted to have him look it over just so I have a good machine that will last. I did the same with my laserdisc player some time ago and I am so glad I did. So that was one big reason I sent it to Leon Norris.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 01, 2007 09:02 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Dirty record switches or Sound Output IC. The legs give-way on the output IC as they tend to be under tension. This leads to noises before the IC finally gives up.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 01, 2007 12:17 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,
You are alive. I sent you a PM!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 01, 2007 03:36 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan, Yes alive and kicking [Big Grin]

Didn't see an email from you though. Can you resend it. I'm getting a lot of emails stopped by my ISP if they come from hotmail or aol accounts. Send it again and I'l keep an eye on my spam filter if I don't see anything.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC