8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » For sale... NEARLY EVERYTHING!!!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: For sale... NEARLY EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 09, 2008 02:40 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this is a big one. Please read carefully. Ask any and all questions you may have... And for heaven's sake, please help me o_O

My life is in shambles... I'm unemployed now, have some saved money but huge credit-card bills. I'm getting divorced and losing the house that we lived in so I'm facing moving into a small apartment and having to dig myself out from a mess. [Frown] On top of that I am in treatment for severe depression and crying spells as well as medication but may lose health insurance soon (due to divorce) until I do find work again... oh, AND my new Argentinian girlfriend and me are desperately looking for ways to be together in the USA which means more money to spend on immigration business ... but enough rambling...

To that end (and because I'm looking to reduce the amount of personal belongings I have)... I want to sell off most of my super-8 gear, projectors, accessories and feature films. That includes my fabled Elmo ST-1600HD super-jector with a gigantic 1600ft. take-up reel and lenghtened reel arms, a Schneider Xenovaron 1.2 lens, scope lens (with lens holder/stand) and spare bulbs...in very clean and excellent condition with good belts and purring like a kitten...
Several feature films such as Flash Gordon: Mars Attacks, Laurel & Hardy in Way Out West and another one I can't remember right now... Intolerance (2x1200ft)... Secret of Nimh (on one 1600ft. reel)... Hoppity Goes To Town (red but sharp)... Charlie Chaplin's Gold Rush (on 2x800ft reels with musical soundtrack)...
Also have a silver Elmo ST-600D M&O that has the separate twin-track headphone outputs and beautiful optical sound, rare and in great condition... still have my Sankyo Stereo-800 (but may keep it as it'll be the only machine left that can take 800ft reels and I still want to keep some of my films).
ALSO! Tons and tons of spare reels, many 800-footers, some 1200-footers and some of the plastic 1600ft "supaspools" that fit on 1200ft reel arms...several cans from Urbanski Films as well...
Will throw in my huge Da-Lite roll-down silver screen as well, it spans 96 inches in width, designed to hang from the ceiling...

Long story short, I have tons of stuff (and will add more details and pictures upon request). I live in Akron, Ohio, USA... shipping would probably be prohibitive so if whoever is interested can do a local pickup that would be absolutely fantastic (and of course a demonstration is possible then, too).

I'm in need of getting rid of all this stuff (and getting the money it's worth) rather quickly... so please, please, HELP ME... I'll consider all serious offers...

Thanks [Eek!]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 09, 2008 06:35 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terribly sorry to lerarn all this, Jan. Well, I live in New Jersey and can't arrange a local pick-up of course, but I may be interested in WAY OUT WEST if it is in original pink or olive green L&H box, and you mentioned another L&H feature, again if that too is in original box, I might be of a mind for it. CASTLE FILMS too - Importantly though, I know your life will be fine and the situations resolved. Pray and be well - Your friend and fellow-film collector, Shorty

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 09, 2008 11:27 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
Sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there..it always gets better. [Smile]

Jason Clark
Junior

- posted April 09, 2008 11:32 AM      Profile for Jason Clark   Email Jason Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow im really sorry to hear all of that I hope everything gets better soon. Unfortunately im in Texas so im not close enough for local pick up but I would be interested in the Secret of Nimh feature and some 1600' reels. Please let me know if you are willing to sell these separately and how much you are asking.
Thanks,
Jason

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 09, 2008 12:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad to hear in Jan.

I know where your coming from on your girlfriend. A close friend of the family, (we bought our house from him) fell in love with a lovely (and true) Phillipino girlfriend, and it cost him tons of bucks, (going back and forth and such) but he finally got her "leagalized" in america.

At any rate, all the best to ye ... Oh... you got any optical sound feature films, my compadre?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 09, 2008 02:14 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may actually just leave the USA (even at the risk of losing my permanent residency as I never did become a citizen...just another regret I have now)... and move to Argentina and get married there instead. Which of course means having to have all my stuff packed as freight and shipped down there, too...

The L&H films WAY OUT WEST and SONS OF THE DESERT are mounted on 1200' reels, no original boxes but they are Blackhawk prints.

Will sell Secret of Nimh in a heartbeat along with what 1600' reels I have, yes I can accept PayPal, no I don't have any optical-sound features (only an educational film about game hunting from the 70s that has optical sound).

anyway - Secret of Nimh comes on a TRUE 1600' reel and won't fit on a 1200' projector. I would ask US$200 for it and that will include shipping (USPS priority w/ insurance)... Email me if interested...

Still hoping to find takers capable of local pickup within the next couple months...

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 09, 2008 02:36 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I have emailed you direct Jan.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 09, 2008 03:13 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan, hope you have a new,fresh and interesting start and work things out wherever you end up, and great to have someone close to share your life.
Good luck and hope you raise a few bob.
Best Mark.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 09, 2008 03:32 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes an I want to see you back on the forum. You have a lot of catching up to do now if you want to catch me up again. [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 09, 2008 03:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jan,

Is that "Game hunting" the Oregon film? I have one (fading color) that is an Oregon game hunting film. At any rate, please feel free to give me an e-mail as to what you'd like for it.

All the best

OSI

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 12, 2008 02:02 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, Osi... I don't remember if there's anything relating to Oregon in there, I CAN tell you though that my print has very nice color (only slightly faded but still strong blues/greens) and very good sound too, incidentally... it also starts out with a cartoon animation and throughout the film there are two animated characters talking to each other (one asks questions and the other one explains things, during which live-action scenes are shown). Does that sound like what you're talking about?
I'll happily sell it to ya as Kevin is having dibs on the only optical-sound capable projector I have [Wink] I do PayPal as always so make me an offer.... ohyes, and it's a pretty full 600' reel.

--------------------

Sam Margulis
Junior

- posted April 12, 2008 07:21 AM      Profile for Sam Margulis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I'm new here but never like to see/hear or even read a story like this one. I feel for ya brother...but hang in there! Good times I'm sure are around the corner again! I have been part of the freight business for some time, and could possibly help you out once you are ready to move...we do International shipping as well as here in the lower 48. I would be willing to put in time and effort on your behalf if you wished.

Good luck man, and hang in there! Now if I could just get my sound capable 16mm projector running, I'd take some movies off your hands, too!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 12, 2008 01:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, could you write me directly at my e-mail address, as this forum thing doesn't tend to let me get thru.

OSI

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 12, 2008 04:10 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sam, A warm welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find plenty of interest on the site and hope to see you often.

Enjoy, Kev.

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 15, 2008 08:18 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, Sam, hi there... I think I got email from you in the meantime but haven't replied to anything in the past couple days (depression was too severe)... yes, I can use all the help I can get as far as international moving is concerned so I'll get in touch with you...

I have a beautiful Eiki SSL-0 16mm projector btw, in perfect running condition and with spare bulbs and everything...even a 2300' take-up reel as well as some 16mm features and shorts. I know, I know...I really should make a detailed list of what I have...Bear with me folks :/

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 15, 2008 11:45 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jan,

Did you recieve my paypal for the optical sound film AND did you get the address to send it to me? The more that I think about this film, the more eager I am to see it.

OSI

--------------------

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2008 08:22 AM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jan, that Eiki 16mm projector wouldn't happen to have the flip up scope bracket with it would it?

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2008 10:51 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan when you get around to making up the list of things you have please include me thanks and hope all goes well. [Smile]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2008 11:53 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Jan:

I am very saddened to read about your situation. I suffer from severe OCD (Yes. Like MONK), depression and panic disorder so I do know what you are going through. If possible don't feel rushed to make decisions that you might later regret. Depression can cause people to do this. To make decisions quickly because it does cloud your mind. Hang in there and remember that thing's WILL get better for you. I have had major bout's with depression and it get's REALLY bad. I know what you are going through. Also what's frustrating too is that many people don't seem to understand it's a medical problem. If possible try to take one thing at a time and try not to rush things too much. I know it's easier said than done but I have been there.

Sincerely,

--Tom

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 17, 2008 02:35 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, yes a serious condition and can affect people in many ways. Can you actually touch your films and projectors then???
Hopefully cine helps you focus away from things to some degree.
Best wishes Mark.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 17, 2008 02:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Tom, Jan, as I suffered under a severe depression for about five years. In my case, drugs were not the answer, (nor God, though I would love to give Him credit), as it wasn't a mediacal condition.

In my PERSONAL situation, it was an incredibly overwhelming self-centeredness on my part and while I was engulfed in it(that's a good way to put it) I, (of course) couldn't see that
, that is, until I came out of it.

So, in my OWN case, I was on a self centered "poor me" act, (most of the time, WE are our own worst enemy) and it wasn't a medical or biological condition, though my condition did cause a great deal of physical suffering, (as the body's health is directly linked to our mental state). It almost killed me, to be frank,(and hey, I'm not Frank!)

... each persons depression is thier own "child" and only they have the key, and I hope that you will find the key, as only you truly can and, upon having found that key, have the courage
to unlock your personal situation and walk away, a free man.

Remember Jan, most (not all) bondages and the "prisons" we find ourselves in, are made by ourselves, whether the depression is biological or self-imposed.

One of the things that helped me to "come forth" out of my personal "dungeon", was my next door neighbor, at the time, who literally lived in his wheelchair, a cripple, who's only usuable part of his anatomy was one hand, with which he steered his wheelchair, (and performed most other tasks.).

If there was one person who had a major reason to hate life in general, it was him, and yet, he was actually one of the most positive people I have ever met. It is comical now, but I remember, in my own depression, trying to convince him one day, why he SHOULD be depressed, so that I could feel comfortable in mine, (misery loves company)

In my case, I was embarrassed into the realization of how incredibly good I had it. It was strange,as the "depression" really felt like a heavy blanket, a heavy weight, that was actually "lifted" off my mind, as I personally acknowledged REAL suffering and yet, that fellow was happy.

I only offer this insight from my life as something that could help, but since I have not walked in your shoes, I shall end that there. You do have my absolute best wishes.

... and, as Tom stated, we can make quick decisions while in depression that we wish we'd backed off from later on. Be cautious my fellow forum member!

OSI

--------------------

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2008 06:41 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too will echo the sentiments of Tom and Osi

Please dont make a rash decision you may later regret

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2008 02:40 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark Todd:

I do enjoy the film and movie poster hobby if I don't get too caught up in it. My latest problem is that I have too much STUFF! I like to blame it on my OCD. My living room and dining room has so many film's stacked up I can't even get around. It's like "Step Over The TV Show Mannix" or "Step Over Laurel & Hardy". Honestly! I have to continue to work on getting the film's catagorized. I need shelving badly. This is my next step. Then there are ALL my movie posters. Large French ones on linen framed. I think a lot of it is that I am just a collector since age eight. Sometimes I do worry that it might very well be a buying compulsion. But the film's and poster's do make me happy. I bet there is a very high incidence of OCD'ers on all the film and movie poster forums. I think many people with OCD are afraid to mention it. By the way how is Mark Sylvester? I think I sent you a message but you did not receive it. Last time I heard Mark was talking about Suzanna Leigh. She was in the movie "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" with Elvis in 1966. It was the sequel to "Blue Hawaii".

Best, Tom

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2008 03:47 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's interesting to read my fellow film collectors personal and private thoughts on bouts of depression and dealings with life. I agree with Osi's sentiments. Eloquently expressed and illuminating. If I may add a couple points and experiences. As a kid, age 15-21, I worked at a cancer Hospice. I watched between 30-40 patients a month. A lot of dying, a lot of love and MORE than anything Joy. Joy? YUP, JOY! Joy for the moment, for we shall not pass this way again. There I witnessed the spectrum of life. I lost centigenarians and eventually "retired" when I lost a 2 year old named Maria. I often think the world would be a much kinder, gentler and understandable place if all were required to have such an experience. It truly does give one a perspective which can ONLY come from such an experience. Peace and joy are not gratis, they must be earned. Entering a dark realm means nothing if one forgets what it's all about. Life is NOT about oneself, it's about everything around us and EVERYONE.
Life is too short. If it's money Problems...ehhh,work for it. If it's a problematic romance,ehhh, it's not true Love. Life truly is simple, it's the ego which makes it's difficult. Abandon the ego and enjoy the world which surrounds you. But, for some reason that's the MOST difficult thing to do.
signed, just some thoughts

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 21, 2008 02:22 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, Robert....that sums it up very nicely. It's true (also agreeing with Osi here) that we can be our own worst enemy... in a way this has been the case for me as well... and now I'm headed for freedom, freedom to live and truly enjoy life and share the love and joy it has to offer.

*coughs and steps off the soap box*

anyway... No, my Elmo 16mm projector doesn't have the swing-out scope bracket (sure would be nice, eh)... but I see no reason why one couldn't be retrofitted if you can find this bracket by itself... and gosh, I guess I need to go over my 16mm films to see what I have there as I'd like to sell the 16mm stuff off as a complete package and just stick with super-8.

I don't remember if I previously mentioned I had a stand-alone scope bracket and scope lens for sale but I realized I want to keep these as I do have a few (very few) super-8 cinemascope films, including a roller coaster ride and the 600ft Derann extract from The Matrix: Reloaded. [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC