8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Good Grief

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good Grief
John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 12:55 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much??????????????. [Confused] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Im sorry, but that has got to be taking the mickey. Id love to find a box full [Big Grin]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/elmo-gs1200-xenon-brand-new-replacement-xenon-lamp_W0QQitemZ320473819780QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=item 4a9dba6a84

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

|  IP: Logged

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 01:09 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if most sellers realise that the GS1200 is the most sought after purchase for many an enthusiast.This gives them the opportunity to demand rediculous prices for spare parts.I fear it wont be long until someone is demanding £2000 for one of these fine units as a whole. My Eumig mark s that went to the scrapyard recently was a good machine but one well known website is asking nearly £1500 for the same model...absolutely ridiculous.
Regards
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 01:13 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Method in the madness...
If he offered it at Auction and had two interested parties.. one trying it on at say £20 maximum and the other at £50 maximum...
it would sell for £22.
The "best Offer" way it would sell for £50, because the "Best Offer" method is for fixed tender.
He could set a high Starting Bid... but might not sell it if he's too greedy. He doesn't expect to get £450.. just the best offer that's out there (with just the remote possibility of catching an idiot!).
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 02:12 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This xenon lamp is now available again at Wittner Kinotechnik for 310 €.
I wonder of the appearance of this auction has anything to do with that...

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 02:44 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These prices are bonkers...that's more than the 350W Xenon for my 16mm...... [Eek!]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 12, 2010 03:49 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why it is "TOSHIBA"?

And what is the life span for this lamp, if I may know?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC