8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » ELMO ST180 Twin Track

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO ST180 Twin Track
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 27, 2011 09:04 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I`ve got a buy for a nice little used Elmo st180 later model twin track lined up but having more vehicle costs so wondered if anyone else was interested in tacking it over its £72 + £8 delivery, plus a couple of bob if paypal.

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2011 04:54 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have mail!

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2011 04:04 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 31, 2011 08:43 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Simon, thanks.

Best Mark.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2011 03:41 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This situation ended up being an unfortunate one. Having decided to go ahead and take this purchase over and help Mark, I sold another of my Elmo machines to fund the purchase. Weeks after agreeing things...nothing. Mark refunded my money claiming he couldn't get in touch with the original seller but he refused to give any details across of that seller. So now, because of the strange nature of this deal, I'm without a projector. I don't think it's an accident that so many details from this case are missing!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 25, 2011 06:03 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Yes there are one or two things missing here, the main one being as I told Simon the seller had a family bereavement and a difficult family time, and I did still try to contact him a few more times after his last contact when all was still go on the machine, but heard nothing at all since.

Simon asked me to pursue him through ebay and force a sale( as this was a passed on agreed etc sale with the chap) and this week said if I didn`t give him the chaps ebay details he would post about it on here etc. I appreciate you had sold a machine in lieu of this one, but I didn`t feel comfortable doing that at all considering.

I`m sorry Simon but it was just a projector and for whatever reason the gentleman has stopped communication I simply don`t want to hassle the poor chap.

I`m sorry you sold a machine to fund this one Simon, but it was a situation I could do nothing about, and I had refunded your monies very early on after a few non replies from the chap a few weeks ago.

I`ve replied to all your emails until this week as my server has stopped my service and the only one I can access at the moment is charging me up to 10p a minute dial up. I rang them up but got India !!! you can imagine how helpful that was.

Anyway I`ve logged in on a family machine now to reply here.

I`m sorry once again the sale didn`t happen Simon but I just did not want to pursue this poor fellow, I`m sure he has his reasons for letting this go and not getting back after a point and hope he`s OK as he seemed like a really nice chap.

I hope you find another machine, I had been thinking of offering you my nice Sankyo 501 for free if you paid just the postage DHL so you had a machine as a sorry.

I did try Simon, but there was obviously an issue at his end I hope wasn`t too bad.

I had explained everything truthfully and as was, in our private emails and I think it would have been best to keep it there really.

Good luck finding another and I`ll keep my eye out as well and sorry again.

Best wishes Mark.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2011 07:30 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mark. The matter is closed. But I do appreciate your comments.

But the lesson we could all learn from this....next time we don't get the price we expect from an item we sell on Ebay...cite a family issue then stop replying to the purchasers emails? I'll be doing that next time, but I don't think I'll find a buyer as understanding or as kind as you, Mark!

I'll be using this..."I fell from a climbing frame in 1982, badly injuring my tonsils, followed by my great uncle (aged 109) passing away in 1986. Then, my 25 year old Austin Metro needed a new clutch (unexpectedly, after 509,016 miles!) last year, hence the reason I couldn't post out that GS1200. I'm sure everyone will understand?"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC