8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Everything SOLD!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Everything SOLD!
Ree Ward
Junior

- posted May 18, 2012 05:30 PM      Profile for Ree Ward   Email Ree Ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. Years ago I owned a film to video transfer biz. Left the biz and stored all the equipment in working order and now ready to sell. Already sold the 16mm 16-CL ETC, a Canon 1014XL-S, 5 film editors Craig 16mm Projecto-Editor, Elmo 912 Dual, Vernon 808,(2) Goko G100 D-8, Elmo Super 8mm Sound Projector ST-1200 HD, Elmo ETC Super 8mm Projector ST-180, Elmo ETC Regular 8mm Projector ST-180, film reels (6) 16mm; (8) S8; (11) R8, Entre Slide Projector Dissolving Unit, Splicing/Editing supplies such as 16/S8/R8 presstapes,(2) Kodak 16/S8/R8 splicers, reel adapters, and editor bulbs.

Thanks all.

[ May 24, 2012, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Ree Ward ]

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2012 05:32 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Ree. Has the ST-1200 been modified in any way? Can you send pictures and more info to ch.bjorgen@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 20, 2012 06:03 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take the reels! [Big Grin]

PatD

BTW...is this your reel name?

[ May 22, 2012, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2012 10:20 AM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I see some pictures of the $185 Elmo ETC Regular 8mm Projector ST-180, and could you tell me which brand splicer you have for sale...thanks

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 22, 2012 06:15 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So as you can see by my previous respone to Ree Ward's posting I was buying his reels.

I waited 3 days for a respose and he asked if shipping via UPS was OK. I said it was more expensive but OK. Please send me total with shipping and your paypal and I will pay ASAP. Done deal? Nope!

He sends me and email today saying that he is selling his projectors and the guy wants the reels. So now I can't have them but if he gets more he will let me know.

That's NOT the way business is done between members of this forum. At least, not as far as I'm concerned. Enough said.

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2012 07:36 AM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Pat..I'm getting the same vibes. Very vague. I think I'll pass...

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

Ree Ward
Junior

- posted May 23, 2012 11:38 AM      Profile for Ree Ward   Email Ree Ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I mentioned to Pat, someone contacted me privately BEFORE Pat to buy my projectors and reels. I had to answer a few more questions regarding the projectors (obviously, I'm not as deep into the mechanical side as some of you) and a verbal deal was made. Mind you, there was also a delay in Pat getting back to me too. He wanted pictures, no problem, he wanted a count, no problem. He wanted me to get an estimated shipping cost, no problem which meant packaging, handling and going to the UPS store etc. And, no MONEY had been exchanged to clinch the deal. And, even after I told Pat I had MORE reels to sell and promised them to him--he still goes ahead and bad mouths me on this forum! So, I will sell my additional reels elsewhere. So to the rest of you, everyone that has PURCHASED from me are very happy buyers. Make your own decisions.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 23, 2012 01:39 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I would have been one of those happy buyers had you not gone back on your word. You had a chance to make more money and took it. You made NO mention of a potential deal with another buyer. That being the case, you should have edited your listing ASAP. Let's face it Ree you to me are not and honarable person to do business with. What I wrote is the truth.

When you make a deal with some one you should stick to it. All you needed to do was let me know a total and you would have been paid. I responded to your posting very quickly and YOU took some time to respond to me.

You post something, set a price, sell it to the 1st person responding.... done deal. Not make another deal with another buyer in the process then slight the 1st one.

Ree Ward
Junior

- posted May 23, 2012 03:45 PM      Profile for Ree Ward   Email Ree Ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh please stop. You said you wanted to buy but you had not completed the sale. We were still in negotiation contingent upon the cost of shipping. And if you look at the time stamp of postings on the forum alone (not including private messaging), everyone will see that I responded quickly with next day responses. I sold to the first person that contacted me and at the price quoted nothing more. I do understand your sour grapes at not being able to consummate a deal and I OFFERED TO MAKE GOOD. I don't sit on my computer all day long as I work for a living but I did update the posting as soon as possible.

I'm sorry, you are NOT telling the whole truth.

I would like to thank the members of this forum that have purchased my items and responded privately.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 23, 2012 04:56 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here for "Truth and Justice in the American way!! And I never lie! [Big Grin]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 24, 2012 05:26 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Ree,I must say that you are totally out of turn.Mr D'Allessio and
yourself had obviously clinched the deal verbally,end of story.
To suddenly switch horses midstream and sell to someone else
is not on,.If you already had a buyer in mind
then you should not have advertised on this Forum,that is bad
form, and not only causes disappointment but also bad feeling that could have been avoided.I myself sold a film on here some
weeks ago,I received increased offers,but I sold to the first past the post,a deals a deal amigo!

Ree Ward
Junior

- posted May 24, 2012 09:56 AM      Profile for Ree Ward   Email Ree Ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh, what is your definition of a deal? An interested buyer or a meeting of the minds on the total price (including shipping) and an exchange of money?

Right now I'm in the unenviable position of someone "verbally" saying they want to purchase my splicing supplies at the stated price of $15. It's been two days now and NO money has changed hands. Do I take down the ad because this person "says" they are going to buy? What if they don't come through?

A deal to me (and Judge Judy) is where there is a meeting of the minds on a final price (in this case the $15 for 25 reels, a great price by the way, + shipping) and money for the purchase exchanging hands. This did not occur.

Nor did I sell the reels at a "higher" price. And, the first person to contact me was through this forum.

If the etiquette in this forum is that the post should be taken down when someone expresses an "interest" that should be made clear to new members.

And to me, if someone offers to "make good" on an inquiry, you should let them.

Bill Miller
Junior

- posted May 25, 2012 11:52 AM      Profile for Bill Miller   Email Bill Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ree, not sure what you have left?

--------------------
Bill

Ree Ward
Junior

- posted May 26, 2012 01:48 PM      Profile for Ree Ward   Email Ree Ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not much at this point Bill. I just dug out of my storage the Elmo Telecine Projector Base with Screen Unit ETC II, found two more Kodak Splicers (16/S8/R8), 16/S8/R8 presstapes. If you message me, I can send pics.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC