8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo ST1200 Opt/mag for sale. England

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST1200 Opt/mag for sale. England
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2012 08:48 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello selling one of my Elmo ST1200 super 8 sound projectors with optical and magnetic playback. The projector works with both sound systems but is a bit of an ugly duckling. Paint missing from the top etc, I was going to respray in matte black for a modern look but felt this would distract from her vintage looks. If you email me direct at mark(dot)barton(at)uwe(dot)ac(dot)uk with your email address I can send you pics, plus you can see a video of the actual projector working at Vimeo https://vimeo.com/46218801 Asking £185 with original black case and power lead, can courier at your cost anywhere, just advise location for true cost etc. Cheers

|  IP: Logged

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2012 06:49 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had an email from an interested party here at the forum, but the system will not let me reply. The question was 'is this the HD model'. OK I'm goiing to act dumb..how do I tell?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 22, 2012 08:17 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For one thing, it should say something like "Elmo Sound ST-1200HD Magnetic-Optical" on the side panel.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2012 09:22 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, That was me. It would tell you on the side were it says the model number. Might even say on the back panel. Been looking for a HD model with optical because I recently got a copy of Spaceballs really cheap and cant watch it with sound as it is optical. But also have a lot of stereo magnetic films and don't want to switch projectors for different movies...Want one to do it all.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2012 10:53 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adam,It's not a HD ST1200 but a single track model,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2012 11:29 AM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have owned three opt mag ST120HD's I always buy this version in just in case a print comes up that I didnt know existed in optical wouldnt mind watching the spaceballs myself. I say its worth the extra money to have one. I read somewhere there were optical ONLY Elmos...anyone ever seen or have one of these?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC