8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Repair Manuals for Canon Super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Repair Manuals for Canon Super 8
Jeremy Cavanagh
Junior

- posted November 19, 2012 01:05 PM      Profile for Jeremy Cavanagh   Email Jeremy Cavanagh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I've been trying to find copies of the repair manuals for both the Canon 1014 Autozoom and the 1014XL-S. I've tried all the usual suspects but to no avail (apologies to the usual suspects who were all very helpful including Canon UK).

Does anyone know where I might obtain copies (not the instruction manuals) as I'm an engineer (yes happy to deal with old CMOS that blows up at the slightest breeze) who likes restoring 8mm and Super 8 cams.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2012 03:43 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeremy, a company on line called old time camera's have these repair mnanuals, they are very complete too.There is a cost for these around £32.00.www.otcworld.co.uk.Good luck with your repairs to these top end cine camera's, still got mine (1014xl s) and it still works perfectly .Regards paul.

Jeremy Cavanagh
Junior

- posted November 20, 2012 10:05 AM      Profile for Jeremy Cavanagh   Email Jeremy Cavanagh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul but OTC weren't able to help me as one of the usual suspects.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2012 04:17 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeremy , i purchased the complete set from them this time last year , so now you say they don't have this any more?.I must have purchased one of there last copies then , perhaps the time involved against cost was not worth it to them .There is perhaps over 350 pages in three manuals, very time consuming.

Jeremy Cavanagh
Junior

- posted November 21, 2012 10:25 AM      Profile for Jeremy Cavanagh   Email Jeremy Cavanagh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

thanks for the encouragement but OTC doesn't have them, I have spoken to and emailed with Julie in OTC's office a number of times about this over the past two months.

They have the instruction manuals for these cameras but not the repair manuals.

If you have bought the repair manuals off them in the past then I was just too late before they discontinued selling them. That you have bought them in the last year or so tells me that even if OTC and all the others do not have them then at least they must be around somewhere and I have to keep looking.

I would be very interested in buying your copies if you don't have any use for them.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC