8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Anyone have a daylight screen to sell for a decent sum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have a daylight screen to sell for a decent sum?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 25, 2012 04:09 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://super8data.com/database/accessories_list/accessories_copal/copal_daylight_screen.htm

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 25, 2012 12:17 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

that is not a screen for public screening but only a viewer. See the dimension. It is only 21cm x 28 cm plus you cannot use other brand on different projector (I know you are using Elmo now) because the bracket is designed exclusively.

You check this thread, and you will find what is available for Elmo:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007486

...and yes mine is avalaible for sale [Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 25, 2012 12:23 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, might be for a specific one this, but the one I had when I was young was a stand-alone, no brackets. Just put on the table in fron ot projector. Fold out and looked kinda like the one in the link. Anyone know which I talk about?

Theo ne you have is for the ST-1200 then? I just sent you payment for the reels and stuff, hope you got it okay

Thanks again, Master Winbert [Wink]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 25, 2012 01:08 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every projector has different high between the lens and the table, how come you put the screen on table without the bracket?.

Same like scope lens, it is normally placed in front of the main lens with bracket, but for those who do not have the bracket yet, can use stack of books or sort of. Perhaps this is what you did during your childhood.

My Elmo viewer type 100 has been tested in front of ST-800 and fit nicely. I guess because the lens between ST-800 and ST-1200 is interchangeable and the height of the lens to the table between these two projectors is the same, this viewer can also be used on ST-1200.

If you are interested, email me so I can do a test at my ST-1200 as well as to talk the price. I can include it in the next shipment then. The viewer is still in the original box as photo in that link.

Thanks for the paymment!

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 25, 2012 01:10 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I remember only it being fold out and I just put it in fron of the projector and fine tuned so the picture was as straight as possible. Worked very nicely for me anyway

I used that on the old ST-600 I had

http://www.blujay.com/?page=ad&cat=8110000&adid=4178890

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2012 04:08 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a similar type, bought 30+ years ago. Useful to preview new purchases without putting up your screen.

Should work with any projector. You just put some books under it to bring it to the correct viewing hight. Another advantage is you can us lower power setting for the light.

Merry Christmas.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 26, 2012 01:47 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar

Check this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFER-HOME-MOVIES-8mm-Film-or-Slides-to-Video-DVD-Digital-Yourself-Telecine-/251204432002?pt=US_Movie_Slide_Projectors&hash=item3a7cf37082

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 26, 2012 03:19 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all. I do think my screen was a little bigger than the transfer system one, but being eleven, things might have appeared bigger only ;-)

[ December 26, 2012, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2012 12:25 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

If you come across one of these, the Da-Lite Handy, they work very well as a table screen and are big enough (about 18-by-18 inches) to produce a satisfying image:

-

I have had this one for decades and it is very convenient.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC