8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Original Projector Prices

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Original Projector Prices
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 13, 2013 05:17 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently aquired a job lot of Movie Maker magazines from the mid 70's through to the early 80's through the powers of e bay.I was particularly interested in obtaining them to firstly read all of the various equipment reviews, especially towards the early eighties when Super 8 cine equipment hit its peak in terms of perfomance projectors and cameras.I have always thought of the Elmo GS 1200 to be just about the most expensive standard production machine out there (perhaps with the exception of Beaulieu 708EL and perhaps Fumeo Hi End models, but to my utter astonishment when comparing prices in 1982 at Perry's of 129 Kingston Rd London, The Bauer T610 new price out stripped even the Elmo GS1200! The Bauer T610 was advertised at "Our Low Price" of £634.79 whilst a GS with a standard F1.1 lens was below the £600 price tag by all the dealers within the classified ads with the exception of one or two. When this is compared with the new price within the same issue of say the Yelco 3600 at £459.99 or even the Eumig S938 £296.95 it's no wonder the Bauer is in such short supply in this country nowadays and why when they do come up they sell so quickly for good prices!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC