8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo ST1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST1200
Barry Webb
Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2015 07:44 AM      Profile for Barry Webb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all looking for a working Elmo ST1200 mag/optical amp in good working order or can any one fix mine.
Barry.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 09, 2015 07:46 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill Parsons isn't too far away from you Barry. He is the expert on Elmo machines.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Barry Webb
Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2015 08:07 AM      Profile for Barry Webb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew sent him a email yesterday waiting for a reply.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 09, 2015 09:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
He is excellent with the Elmo s from all accounts Barry. If you haven't used the services of Bill before, I am certain you will be delighted with his work once you get your machine returned to you from him.

You can telephone Bill after 7pm during the week. His number is on the BFFC homepage under the repairs section.

--------------------

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2015 05:31 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a excellent elmo 1200hd just been fully serviced by bill parsons

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 10, 2015 05:40 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill is fabulous David, but he ain't Merlin!

Based on recent posts ...is there really such a thing as an excellent ST1200HD? One that doesn't EVER put marks on a treasured collection?

Tom's statement said it all to me, last week.

[ January 12, 2015, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 19, 2015 06:14 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might be worth considering a Bauer even a 502 ( or 525, 510. 610 etc) they suffer from less woes take a xenovaron 1.1, very very quiet and much more reliable usually, and less fussy with film stock as well, same light output too.

Only thing no optical, but not so much use these days anyway and only 800 feet of film.

They really are worth looking at.

Best Mark.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 19, 2015 06:30 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry what's wrong with it?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 19, 2015 10:05 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I love my Bauer T610 as just about everyone knows. Mark has seen the light and purchased one of the studio line models. All of Marks points are valid but to me the greatest features of the best Studio line models are the non scratching film path, the electronically controlled D.C. drive circuit motor giving high levels of synchronicity and minimal wow and flutter, and of course the best of the class are stereo and can be slaved out in true stereo to an external amplifier while still using the two internal speakers at the same time and even an external pair of speakers at the same time as slaving if you so wish.

When using this type of sound stage, you simply would never know the projector is in the same room as yourself, they run that quietly.

I am luckier than most in that I can,and do, use my Bauer with up to 3000ft reels but even if I was restricted to 800ft I would take it over any ST every day of the week.

The St1200 vs A Studio Line Bauer....there is simply no comparison!

[ January 20, 2015, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Rui Luis
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2015 06:08 AM      Profile for Rui Luis   Author's Homepage   Email Rui Luis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello, anyone can give me Bill email contact?

Kind Regards

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 27, 2015 07:37 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Bills contact details are on the BFCC homepage under the heading of projector repairs. It gives you his e mail address as well as his telephone number. Only telephone after 7pm as he works during the day.

--------------------

Rui Luis
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2015 07:40 AM      Profile for Rui Luis   Author's Homepage   Email Rui Luis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew,

But that email dont seems working, and because iam from Portugal i prefer to send email than contact by phone, but i will try to contact at same.

Thanks!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 27, 2015 08:10 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am surprised you have not heard back from Bill using that mail address. I will check my mail address for him and see if it is the same Rui.

Ok, I have just checked my last correspondence with Bill and indeed it is the same e mail address to the one on the BFCC site under the heading "Links".

This is it Rui:- bill@bparsons97.plus.com

I used it around 3 months ago to write back to Bill with no problems whatsoever so it should be fine.

--------------------

Rui Luis
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2015 08:21 AM      Profile for Rui Luis   Author's Homepage   Email Rui Luis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok! Thanks very much! I will try again! It happens the same, automatic answer, that cant deliver the message. I will try to call.

Thanks very much!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 27, 2015 08:28 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No problems Rui and good luck!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC