8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Still need...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still need...
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 17, 2015 12:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...100' can or box for a 100' 8mm subject to be housed in - Also, a 300' metal can - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2015 06:57 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can get a 200ft can and cut it in half for you. Or a 400ft can and cut a fourth off it. Which reminds me. I actually bought a film the other day, a Warners cartoon....and the seller sent this 200ft Super 8 cartoon on a one hundred foot reel... a standard 8 reel. I expected it since he offered me either no reel....or this. I took this. Print was excellent, but without leaders or tail. It was obvious he had spliced it on a larger reel with other things and didn't have the leaders anymore. Still a good bargain..and a great print. What this has to do with 100ft boxes, I don't know. But I had to tell someone.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 22, 2015 09:13 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last brand new print I got from Derann showed up about 280 feet on a 200 foot reel. (-about half an inch above the flanges!)

-it was a tense first projection for the first minute or two!

Shorty: I'm seeing what I can do for your reel needs for Wildwood.

Two 400 footers: probably. 600 footers?...we'll see about that.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 22, 2015 09:35 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't happen to be Madagascar by any chance Steve? [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 22, 2015 09:39 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope: My Madagascar showed up on a 400 footer.

This was "Terrier to Wooton"

-railway fun on the Isle of Wight!

Seriously though: can we help Shorty find his box and can?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 22, 2015 10:10 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I used a 300ft reel and blister pack for Madagscar as my first print of this was overspooled on a 200ft reel.

The German Piccalo shorts provide an ideal solution to the 300ft problem with a little artwork intervention to the blister pack case.

Any German Walt Disney Piccalo print will do it.

--------------------

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2015 08:19 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its crazy what people want for a 300' reel/can set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compco-Regular-8mm-300ft-Metal-Movie-Reel-and-Can-Set-BRAND-NEW-and-RARE-/201419218120?hash=item2ee5855cc8

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 23, 2015 03:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Jim, that was why I offered the Piccalo films as a viable cheap alternative source of these. I will post an example of what can done with these soon.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC