8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Bauer T610 Stereo Projector for Sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer T610 Stereo Projector for Sale
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 25, 2015 07:28 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bauer-T610-Super-8mm-Stereo-Projector-More-Elmo-Beaulieu-/181940932846?hash=item2a5c8650ee:g:GDkAAOSwAKxWU-4j

This is my spare - its such a great machine I am keeping the other one for myself. Any questions let me know. If a forum member wants it I can stop the auction. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 25, 2015 07:45 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot one more great great selling point Rik, the electronic drive for rock steady soundtracks and wonderful recording facilities!
Not to mention the large capstan roller to ensure total stability of the soundtrack through the heads.

I honestly don't know how you can part with it!
The best a man can get..or was that Gillette? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2015 08:22 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice projector. My favourite. We use these daily as the base for our filmscanners. And most of the parts are available! See: http://van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=13&type=T610%20Microcomputer%20Stereo

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 12:43 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes and this projector also has the replacement Framer piece that was purchased from Van Eck/Edwin. A really great piece, perfect fit, easy installation, and looks like it will last a lifetime. Thanks Edwin! The Bauer is a great piece of German engineering and one of my favorite projectors. This is my spare unit Andrew! [Smile]
Say hello to the twins!

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 01:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have two of them also Rik. One is distinctly newer in every way than the other which was my first.

The newer one is a real beauty but even my first one is still 100% in all of its functions.
They need looking after but they are good long runners when you do.
I wouldn't be without either of them, great machines!

-

[ November 26, 2015, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 05:16 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] im saying nothing [Big Grin] [Wink]
have to say yours looks mint, and you wont find a quieter machine, [Wink] (very quite in my case)

[ November 27, 2015, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 05:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I love mine both to bits Tom, and all I can say is, if I hadn't discovered these just when I did, I was just about ready for throwing the towel into the ring for the second time around!

Thank goodness I did, when I did! It gave me the optimism and restored my faith sufficiently, to go on and try the Beaulieu and further cement my faith in this wonderful, but at times,totally unpredictable hobby of ours! [Wink]

The path I was on, was taking me and my expense nowhere at the time.

The Beaulieu is at times, a very similar animal. (But more expensive on the upkeep!)
Needs plenty of care, attention and affection, but if you give all 3, you do get your rewards.

I've yet to find a plug and play machine that I like now this late on in the hobby, given the mileage they have all been subjected to this late stage in their lives.

I would say all the desirable machines nowadays need plenty of TLC and plenty of money throwing at them at times if you're looking for the best experience you can expect from the small gauge.

--------------------

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 04:55 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great ebay auction Alan!
I've been on ebay for many many years and I can tell you really put a good effort into this one. Well Done. If only everyone was as informative. If i were looking for a new projector, this one would certainly be attractive to me! Good luck with the auction.
Cheers,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2015 12:47 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't forget the other models,i have a 502 as my main machine,very similar to the 600 series.
I would not use anything else,and my 502 cost £50 from german e bay.

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2015 01:30 PM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indead! Mechanical similar. A few less features on the audio (stereo,etc). This is a bargain for the T502!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 28, 2015 02:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

I know it wasn't your intent, however mentioning a lower price for a similar projector in a fellow member's sale thread is in poor form.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2015 03:07 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,
very sorry,this was not deliberate. I know I was very lucky getting such a cheap price.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 29, 2015 07:35 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing with Bauers is that they need a super fantastic packing as they don`t travel so well, you often end up with sound issues from the sound boards etc after getting them, or pieces snapped off the flat sound workings panel on the side of the machine.

Back cover split etc.

Elmo`s seem to cope with the courier stuggles much better.

For the home though, with the 11-30mm 1,1 a good later series Bauer is the king of super 8 home projectors overall.

Shame yours went pop Tom, but hope the Epson is still trundling along nicely.

Best Mark.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 29, 2015 07:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The trsnsport "koffer" helps enormously with accidental damage to the casing if well lined. Since receiving and sending mine this way overseas, mine have come back unscathed thankfully.

My fiirst one sufferered s bent front foot and internal plastic boss being damaged when sending it first time out without the case but in styrene and cardboard courier box.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 29, 2015 07:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The trsnsport "koffer" helps enormously with accidental damage to the casing if well lined. Since receiving and sending mine this way overseas, mine have come back unscathed thankfully.

My fiirst one sufferered s bent front foot and internal plastic boss being damaged when sending it first time out without the case but in styrene and cardboard courier box.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 29, 2015 09:34 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great comments about Bauers. I love my 610 & 510, both having traveled great distances to get to me unharmed. Back on topic, Alan Rik's sale ends on Tuesday!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC