8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » FS: GS1200 Sound lever - NOW SOLD but ... read inside

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: GS1200 Sound lever - NOW SOLD but ... read inside
Renzo Dal Bo
Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2018 10:31 AM      Profile for Renzo Dal Bo   Email Renzo Dal Bo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Sale the pinch roller sound lever for Elmo GS1200

On request of some members of this forum, I built a small series of the pinch roller lever for Elmo GS1200 projector.
They are 3D-printed with black ABS plastic, with an aluminium bushing inserted, just like the original, to prevent the plastic cracking.
Now a few of these levers are on sale for those of you who didn't find an original spare part.

Price is 30 Euros + shipping cost

Please PM if you are interested.
Thanks.

Renzo

-

[ September 22, 2018, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Renzo Dal Bo ]

|  IP: Logged

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2018 11:22 AM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Renzo, you got a p.m and a order of one of this

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 22, 2018 01:11 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Renzo, I don`t have a GS, but well done.

Fantastic that you did this.

Best wishes Mark.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 23, 2018 02:40 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Renzo.
This is a part which often cracks in the earlier GS-1200 models, but later models were improved with the insertion of the brass collar.
The price is very reasonable and I urge any owners of the earlier models to invest in a spare as it will, no doubt, be needed in the future.

--------------------
Maurice

Renzo Dal Bo
Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2018 06:43 AM      Profile for Renzo Dal Bo   Email Renzo Dal Bo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mark and Maurice to support my work.
Honestly this lever price allows me to reimburse only the expenses I have had to sustain the rough materials, with no mention to the time I spent to detect all the measures from a real piece, make a 3D drawing, print a few prototypes, check they properly worked, eventually modify them and finally print a small series and refinish it by hand.
Passion is the only engine that drove me. I had a GS1200 with a broken lever and didn't find any spare part, what could I do?

If I had to do another series of levers on request, I will ask a free contribution to add to the lever cost ... [Wink]

@Jose I have just replied to your PM, Thanks!

Renzo Dal Bo
Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2018 08:19 AM      Profile for Renzo Dal Bo   Email Renzo Dal Bo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First I want to thank who bought my GS1200 pinch roller lever, and I ask him to leave a feedback here after testing the lever.

For those who still need it, please send me a PM.
I promise I will still produce some of them as soon as I will receive at least 5 orders.

Renzo

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2018 03:34 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I was one of the first to receive these roller pressers, so I feel I should comment on its quality - Well... there is not much to say but... just as effective as the orignal but with an added touch of dependability as the aluminium bush will prevent any problems so annoying with the original part. Ah, and the printed plastics do not look like as less resilient than the original one: actually it looks better. And the shape matches both the profile and details of the original part 100%!!! Awesome, Renzo!!!! Absolutely! Well done & congrats.

--------------------
Maurizio

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2018 06:46 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today i receive the elmo lever from Mr. Renzo, i will like to inform you all that the part is perfectly well made with a strong and durable material and it fits perfectly on the GS 1200.Very recomended part for all of us elmo gs lovers.

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC