8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » The Brood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Brood
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2019 12:47 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked this title up years ago when I bought a large collection of titles as with most of the titles the previous owner put the titles into Baja plastic cases and who knows where the original cases went the color is good in some scenes dark scenes of course look red. Mounted on a 400ft reel put out by Major 8 Movies the film is very well edited going by most of the movies put out they used the last 30 minutes of the movies climax scenes and put it into 20 minutes, here is the review-
As the result of an unorthodox experiment, a woman Nola (played by Samantha Eggar) gives birth to a group of murderous, mutant children. It is up to her ex-husband Frank (played by Art Hindle) to discover the truth and stop this brood's rampage before he and his daughter Candice (played by Cindy Hinds) become the next victims in this disturbing, graphic horror film.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ September 17, 2019, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Jim Schrader ]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2019 02:33 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A nice print Jim! Its a shame its red! I had this print and mine was red so I gave it away! It is a good digest. Well edited! Nice original box! So remember this red is dead!

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2019 12:46 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...My print looks a little better, but the sound quality is fantastic! Not a binner.
Keep your copy and show us how your box art turns out.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2019 10:22 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I new you needed a box I would have given you the one I had! I gave the film away!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 12, 2019 11:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was a disturbing film, but GREAT if you love this kind O stuff!!

I didn't even know that this existed on super 8! GAWD! I LUV this hobby! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2019 12:59 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is way this hobby is so much fun!there's a lot out there that we don't know about! So we keep searching!

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2019 03:17 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know this cut existed either! Can you tell us how you feel about the edit?!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2019 09:30 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan, the digest is taken from the last 30 minutes or so of the feature. It starts where the girl's Father goes to see Dr. Raglan (Oliver Reed) about getting her back and then continues through to the end of the film. If you hadn't seen the feature before screening the Digest, the whole thing would make little sense, but is a very intense and gruesome piece.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2019 11:29 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharing Burton! It sounds like a nice snippet. I’ll have to keep an eye out. Other than Shivers I don’t believe Cronenberg has any other films on S8. Unless someone can share otherwise.

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2019 11:36 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burt, How is your print of this rare Horror Digest?

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2019 12:39 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burton here is my artwork I had a spare clamshell sitting around that had been cut open I should of measured it as you can see the pictures are a bit small for the case. I will redo it again some day whan I have more time, my printer was acting up needs new ink.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2019 01:33 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, I kind of like it with that blue border! Doesn't look that small. Appears to fit well to me.

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 17, 2019 06:27 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other Cronenberg on Super 8 is the 400' of 'Rabid', also released by Major 8. And there's the trailer of 'The Fly', released by Derann on the same reel as 'Aliens'. I think a Canterbury horror trailer reel may also have included 'Shivers', albeit with it's US title.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2019 10:59 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Job Jim! looks good! I looked at my print again last night and it is pretty much the same as your screenshots, Fair Color in well-lit scenes and red in the dark scenes. The 400' digest of "Shivers" (the feature was released in Canada as "They Came From Within" ) has much better Color and no fade.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2019 01:59 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trailers were released by Canterbury films! And they were nice prints! Mine still have nice color! They were four on a reel!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC