8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Need source of intermittent oil for RCA TP-66 telecine projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need source of intermittent oil for RCA TP-66 telecine projector
Ted Langdell
Junior

- posted February 16, 2006 12:17 AM      Profile for Ted Langdell   Email Ted Langdell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for intermittent oil for my RCA TP-66 Telecine projector which is a tad low...

RCA's manual lists the intermittent oil as "Sta-Put 310" which was RCA Stock number 231903. The product came in a half-pint container.

I've not found any reference to Sta-Put 310 oil doing web searches, nor any cross references.

Anybody got safe ideas?

Thanks,

Ted.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 16, 2006 05:09 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could sewing machine oil do the trick?

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Ian John
Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2006 06:37 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ted, you can use the same oil as is used in 35mm projectors in your local cinema. I run a Bauer Selecton II 16mm Pedistal projector at home, I went along to my local Multi-Plex and spoke to the projectionist there, and asked him what projector oil he used on all the Kineton projectors in the booth, he took me up the booth and pulled a 1.Ltr bottle of oil out of a box with about 30 other bottles in the box, he told me "this is the stuff" and said if I needed some oil I could have that bottle.

It would be worth you going to your local cinema and asking the projectionist what oil he used for their projectors, he will probibly give you a bottle. Failing that, find your nearest cinema supplies outlet, and order a bottle from them.

Whatever you do, don't use sewing matchine oil, it is too thin, and it might start to leek through the oil seals and start to drip oil on sprockets/rollers Etc, not a thing you want to happen.

Ian. (UK)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC