8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » I was just given and have a few questions!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I was just given and have a few questions!
Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2006 12:23 PM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey All

I was just given a 16mm Bauer P7 Universal and the instructions are in German. Does anyone know of or have a zoom lens for it? Underneath the lamp is a knob that can turn either left or right. This has optical and magnetic sound, on the back is a switch for 0 or II, is that it?
I am pretty good at guess work so far, but english instructions would be nice. I think I lucked out with this, from a elderly friend who got it from a thrift store 20 years ago. It looks almost like new and I was very surprised that the light wasn't burnt out!
Any help would be great!
Brad

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 01, 2006 11:50 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Tried finding an English-language manual without success. If you're willing to maybe scan and email certain pages of your German manual, I could translate it for you.
There is one eBay.de auction for a Bauer P7 which mentions the lens that comes with it and also has photos so you can see what it is you're looking for (it's a 35-65mm/f1.3 lens, pretty darn nice at that):

http://cgi.ebay.de/Bauer-P7-mit-Originalkoffer_W0QQitemZ300001416117QQihZ020QQcategoryZ28891QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not able to find a lens for the Bauer by itself, on either eBay Germany or eBay USA... however it might be possible to fit a Bell & Howell 16mm lens in there? Not sure, but I do have a hunch it's possible...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2006 03:56 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bradford,

the Bauer P7 is truly a great machine - built to last, very reliable and with great picture and sound reproduction. And there seem to be no problems with spares yet.
The switch on the back of my machine says "I" and "O" and turns the internal speaker on or off. You can choose optical or magnetic sound via two switches on the right of the front side, labeled in English: MAG or OPT. The knob underneath the lamp is the selector switch for backward, threading, forward as well as low and high lamp setting.
Hope that helps,

Eberhard

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2006 02:04 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

you can get zoom lenses here:
http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/katalog/07_vorfu/b_bauer.php

the German/French/Dutch manual for the P7 is available here:
http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/katalog/14_liter/index.php

Jörg

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2006 11:37 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Bradford,
Baur P7 Instruction Manual available from Oldtimer Cameras.co.uk @£12.95gbp,also have double band model manual and repair manual hope this helps,regards,Peter.

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2006 07:04 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In UK the Rank Aldis 16mm projectors were badged Bauers.
(Also think Philips had badged Bauers.)
Bradford by the way I live in BRADFORD, here in the UK.

--------------------
Regards,
David

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC