8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Question regarding Bauer P6

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question regarding Bauer P6
David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2007 03:34 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tassos,

I see we are not alone in possessing a Bauer machine. I just inherited one, with no instruction manual or anything, and I too have a couple of questions.

First, I cannot see how to change the speed from sound speed to silent speed, if indeed there is such a facility. [Confused]

Second, can anyone tell me what the synch control is for and how it works? [Confused]

BTW, I will be away once again from tomorrow till Friday week, so I may not be able to acknowledge any responses until then.

Many thanks,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

|  IP: Logged

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2007 02:07 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David, i hope you'll appreciate the virtues of 16mm which, in my opinion, is much closer to the cinema experience than the 8mm alternative. About the speed change you've mentioned, do you mean 18-24 fps? If yes, i think there is such a selector on the right just above the lens.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2007 01:37 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tassos,

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I have only just returned from a business assignment away.

To answer your question, yes, I do mean changing from 24fps to 18fps, but there is no such button, switch, lever, or anything that remotely represents a speed change device anywhere on the machine. [Confused]

It's really strange. I've stripped the projector down to give it a thorough service, clean etc, but there appears to be absolutely nothing that I can find which would change the speed.

Anyone else with any ideas?? Please!!

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC