8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Gee I hate this hobby its adictive!!! new to 16mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gee I hate this hobby its adictive!!! new to 16mm
Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2007 06:16 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally after some time collecting super8, now I got myself into new troubles!!

I got myself and EIKI Super Slot load II, on ebay it only cost me 10 bucks, what a deal but 75 in shiiping to chile by surface economy. still cheap!

And today It finally got here, and I turn it on with a bosko 16mm cartoon, wow it works!! didn´t expect it though, and its beatiful!!.

Ok now the problems, 10 dollar projectors would have it.

First the exciter lamp is gone, no sound, but I looked in ebay and they only cost around 5 bucks so thats ok.

But the ajustment nob for the focus won´t work so I unasembled it and the red plastic gear that covers the focus shaft that moves the lens in and out is desintergrated. What can I do, how can I fix this or get a spare. Help guys!!!

thanks
pablo.

|  IP: Logged

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2007 06:48 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pablo,

That is a common problem with these machines. I repaired one of my machines last year with a piece of windscreen cleaner hose (or what do you call it) for cars. I still have meters left of this stuff. I'll pop a piece in the mail for you. It's a 1 minute job to replace it.

Best,

- Rob

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2007 07:54 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks rob, you´re a great friend.

Right now I´m playing with the projector.

Its so cool.

pablo

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 23, 2007 01:09 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Pablo,

Now you start clicking on Ebay for 16mm films [Wink]

Sometimes I was also tempted to buy but then 16mm is heavier to send and cost so much in shipping. And moreover, my place is so limited to keep those big reels.

Last but not least, they always come without the art works boxes which decrease my interest.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 23, 2007 09:52 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love super 8mm, but the beauty of a sharp 16mm frame is spectacular. There's also so many titles that are available. Winbert's correct, though. I have very little room for those massive reels.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2007 08:08 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a great idea Rob using the water tube from a car windscreen cleaner. I used a few layers of heat shrink on mine.

I do however prefer the B & H products.

David

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2007 01:45 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same problem with mine was able to get a new piece from a dealer only to have it be just as bad so I took a rubber silicone washer and cut it down to size and it works perfect now.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC