8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Tadley Film Collectors Convention? Full Address Needed....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tadley Film Collectors Convention? Full Address Needed....
Ian John
Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2007 02:08 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Foster gives the address on his web-site as: "The William Penny Theatre, Awe, Tadley, Hants, but I'm looking for the post code to that address, so I can enter it into my SatNav to help me find the venue.

I have tried a Google search under the theatres name, but drew a blank.

Does anyone know, or can give me the post-code to this venue please? Many thanks for any pointers.

Ian. UK

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2007 04:25 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Though I have a driver who knows how to get there, I decided to get the postcode in case I needed it. AWE stands for Atomic Weapons Establishement (or near enough) and there is a cricket club that plays at the AWE. I searched Google for this. So you need to search for A W E, Tadley. There you will find the following address;
AWE Recreational Society
AWE plc
Reading
Berkshire
RG7 4PR

I am 99% certain this is correct. E & O E.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 05:50 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the theatre is within the leisure section part of the Aldermaston military complex. Can't miss it - it's enormous.If you are heading north from Basingstoke, you would find the entrance around the northern end. No danger of going in the wrong entrance as armed soldiers would stop you!

I'll be going, it's a good day out.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Ian John
Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 07:07 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info on the directions boys. If I decide to go, I will take my "spud" gun just in case. LOL

Ian.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC