8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Elmo 16cl slows down during rewinding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 16cl slows down during rewinding
Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2007 10:03 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently aquired 3 Elmo 16CL projectors for the modest sum of $75, I thought the price was to good to pass up. the largest reel I have is 800ft. it plays just fine, but during the rewind as the supply reel gets full it slows almost to a stop. havent tested the other two yet. I usually heard if the take up reel slows down its a belt problem, is it the same for this problem?

|  IP: Logged

Carlos Plaza
Junior

- posted October 02, 2007 07:47 PM      Profile for Carlos Plaza   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Plaza   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had similar problems with a 16CL I picked up a while ago. Elmo had a couple of different styles of belts & pulley. Since my unit was an older one Elmo recommended that I purchase an upgrade kit (Elmo in Plainview, NY) for a modest price. This did the trick for my projector & now it works great. Good luck. It is a nice projector.

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2007 09:12 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Elmo did change the take-up belt rather late in production (you'll even find Kodak badged CT-1000 with the early belt). But the original design will work if it's clean and in good condition so start with some housekeeping. It is a design very much like the Eiki take up from the SL-SNL-SSL series (in fact it looks like Eiki kinda "borrowed" it). Remove the take up arm cover and remove and clean the belt and all rollers. You need the belt to allow slip. What usually happens is dirt builds up on the belt and drive roller and then it works a little like sand paper and gives the belt more grip than it should have.

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC