8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Film Curling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film Curling
Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 31, 2007 10:55 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was screening a 16mm print this morning that in the seller's description contained the sentence "Film has had a deep Vitafilm treatment to treat some curl." Well, the curl is fairly extensive (never mind the pungent Vitafilm smell) causing a consistent shift in focus. Any cure for curl?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2007 12:56 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like it had a "deep vitafilm treatment to hide the vinegar smell"

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2007 08:23 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if the film is not vinegary, maybe just doing a tight counter-roll (inside out on the reel) and perhaps 'relaxing' it for a day or two in FilmRenew is about all I can offer as I am new at this. FilmRenew has made a couple of shorts that clattered terribly play well after 48 hours or so in fluid, so that plus just counter-rolling it could help. Just one idea.

Best,
Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 31, 2007 08:39 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best cure would be for people to stop peddling crap Doug, can you send it back sounds like a right old duffer.Theres no way they should have sold that or you should have to try to right it, its never going to be right really.( sorry)
16mm is terrible fro people foisting rubbish off on other people. Its the compulsive nature of the hobby taken advantage of and its not fair at all, Sorry Doug.
Best Mark.
You know I`d love to see a 16mm ebay add with a 1p or 2c buy it now saying. This film is an old pile of crap, buy it now for as good as nothing and just pay the post and if you can get some enjoyement out of it great. Wouldn`t that be nice.!!!!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 02, 2007 04:53 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Gentlemen.

I have taken up the issue with the seller.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC