8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Fade to Green?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fade to Green?
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2007 06:27 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I showed my daughter "The Small One" last night and my print faded to Green. There's still Blues, Yellows, and Reds, but Green? It's the strangest thing I've ever seen. Is this the cause of some acid breakdown or just a fluke?

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 27, 2007 07:13 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard of this and I have a very greenish 16mm feature, although I can't be certain that it has faded as it was like that when I got it. I vaguely recall hearing someone say that this can happen with a particular Agfa stock, so it would be interesting to know if that's what your film is on.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2008 04:39 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few prints that are green and mostly they are losing the blues. Still more watchable than red however.

David

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 19, 2008 03:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
What film stock are these prints on. Not heard of this one before. I wonder if it's down to poor processing?

K.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC