8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Siemens 2000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Siemens 2000
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 03, 2008 11:45 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 16mm Siemens 2000 sound projector which has a rheostat speed control. However, the projector just runs at a tremendous speed which cannot be slowed for sound projection.

I believe the problem could be associated with the suppression capacitor which is strapped across the motor.

Can anyone please help me with any information on what I should do next.

Thanks.

Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2008 05:34 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
The cap is there to suppress the arcing from the brushes on the motor, not speed. Sounds like a governor control problem which is probably stuck. I'm not fammiliar with this machine, but look for something that's on the motor shaft with springs and contacts. That's one version of speed control often used. Could be gunky old grease or maybe something with the contacts stuck, but it's not the cap.

John

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2008 04:41 AM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on the right side of motor you see a steel disk. There are 3 leaf springs fixed to it. On each leaf spring a ball weight ist revited to it. Look first, whether all 3 ball weights are still in place.
If yes, resolder one end of MP-condensor (2uF), direct underneath the top chain, hold the wire-wounded resitor on top soldered to the connecting wire. Take great care not to shorten the cicuit, e.g. wire wound resitor and solder spots must not touch the chain! Donīt forget to replace brown plastic chain guide after job has done.
If you can now control the speed, the 2uF condensor has to be replaced. (Don`t be worry for the short test run, there will be strong sparking between the contacts)
Good luck
Josef

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC