8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Elmo 16CL screen size?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 16CL screen size?
Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2008 04:06 PM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If an Elmo 16CL is positioned 6 metres from the screen, what size image will be projected?

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2008 05:35 PM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allowing for manufacturing tolerances the approx sizes will be

35mm lens Pic size approx 1.25 metres x 0.9 metres
50mm lens Pic size approx 0.95 metres X 0.70 metres
75mm lens Pic size approx 0.63 metres x 0.47 metres

--------------------
EIKI Ex 6100 xenon machine.

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2008 05:37 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
There are charts for this, but you can use basic math as well. However you have left out one variable that makes the answer impossible--the lens focal length. The factors you need to know are the width of the 16mm frame (.380 inches) the focal length of the lens and the distance to the screen. All measurements must be in the same unit and since I don't have the metric for the width at hand, you'll have to accept english measure. For your 20 foot throw with a 2 inch lens, the width should be about 40 inches. (If my basic math is correct). A scope picture would be 80 inches wide.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC