8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » RCA 16mm Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RCA 16mm Projector
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 24, 2008 03:52 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a look at this promo for the 16mm RCA from 1957.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WUUqXN-8nw

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 25, 2008 06:14 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
They don't make them like that anymore.
I have to say that once I finished watching that one I sat and watched loads of the others including the Elmo stereo demo film which was shipped with the GS machines.
Some good projector vids on Youtube.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jeff Taylor
Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2008 04:05 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That RCA with the reversing action was a rare bird. I probably owned 20 or so 400's, and went through a school system that used dozens of them and NEVER ran across that reversing model.

--------------------
Jeff

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 30, 2008 02:07 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theres an old beast of a RCA projector on Ebay at the moment if anybody is so inclined:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=260244728802&Category=1 1722&_trksid=p3907.m29

You don't see many of these around these days.

-Mike

Jeff Taylor
Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 01:40 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are bulletproof, very easy to work on, easy to thread, gentle on film, and quiet running, but stay away from the downsized "junior" model with a line voltage amp--get the senior model with the 6V6 amp if you decide to try one.

--------------------
Jeff

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 06:27 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also a coupling cap in the preamp stage that opens and you loose most of the volume from the amp. An easy fix and restores full volume. The Senior amp is actually a very good RCA design.

The very rare RCA Magnetic/optical projector also ran in reverse. It was a bit of a trick with a two sprocket machine since you have to drive the flywheel when running backwards (much like the Kodak Pagents that had reverse).

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC