8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » ELF/EIKI lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELF/EIKI lens
Sam J. Clarke
Junior

- posted July 05, 2008 05:05 PM      Profile for Sam J. Clarke   Email Sam J. Clarke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an ELF projector with a 50mm lens which I think is the standard lens ELF projectors came with. When I watch a film with the projector the picture is quite small.

The distance from the projector to the screen is about 10ft and the screen is about 3 1/2ft X 5ft ish.

What I want to know is what size lens I should try and get and also if getting a lens that size will do anything bad to the picture.

Thanks for any help,
Sam [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2008 05:38 PM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Sam.

Go to this web page
www.cinephoto.co.uk/amazing_film_facts.htm

It has a lens/picture size chart that might be of help.
The focal length of the lens are in inches, so you will have to convert to metric.

Hugh.

--------------------
EIKI Ex 6100 xenon machine.

Sam J. Clarke
Junior

- posted July 05, 2008 05:50 PM      Profile for Sam J. Clarke   Email Sam J. Clarke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, that page is great. [Smile]

Looking at it, it seems I want a 3/4" (20mm) lens. Will that size of lens do anything bad to the picture or are all lenses fine no matter what size? Sorry, I don't know much about lenses yet.

Thanks for your help,
Sam

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted July 05, 2008 06:50 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sam that sounds about right, the best way for an eiki is a 25mm lens, sankor etc with a zoom converter that will take you up or down 20%.
Elmo do a very nice 20mm lens but only 40mm bore so awkward to redo for an eiki.( 42.5mm i believe)
Very nice isco 25mms with a zoom converter come up fairly reasonably on ebay de.
Keep the faith, its worth waiting to get one, there is also a very nice chap in sunderland who may have a 25mm called keith, has lots of 16mm stuff, if you dont know him yet email your email address to me and i`ll pass it along to him.
Best Mark.

Sam J. Clarke
Junior

- posted July 09, 2008 02:07 PM      Profile for Sam J. Clarke   Email Sam J. Clarke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the help. [Smile]

I've had a look on eBay but there are none on at the moment, I will keep looking though.

No, I don't know him yet, my e-mail is: sam [at] samclarke (dot) com

Thanks for all your help,
Sam [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC