8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » BAUER P5

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BAUER P5
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2008 07:30 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I really don't have the knowledge of these projectors the Bauer/Bosh P5 projector it seems this projector is very hard to come by for some reason complete (including separate amplifier, Speaker, power supply and lens) compared to the Siemens 2000 projectors, which seems to come up more often?

My question to put to everyone is what is the better of the two in relation to projectors? As I know they were basically made at the same time from the late 50s into the late 60s. One thing I know they certainly knew how to make projectors back then as they where made like tanks and built to last.

I assume that’s why these days if you get a projector that is complete with spares they seem to go for a lot of money.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 10, 2008 01:54 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the P5 a super 8 machine? I thought the Ts were super 8, the Ps 16mm and the Us 35...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2008 06:30 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No this is a 16mm projector, which I’ve been told that the separate tube amplifiers that originally came with the projector are the best you can get over the siemens 2000 16mm projectors. Another factor is the good optics of the german lens made by isco kiptar, which makes this stand out as the siemens has just a standard lens.

But i must admit it is the heaviest projector i have ever heard of. As apart from the projector alone not including the separate amplifier also comes with a separate transformer, which is strange as it runs on 220volts but needs a step down transformer for the light alone which is 120volts 1000watt.

I suppose that is why this machine could be so rare in turning up as if you don’t have one of the many separates I suppose you are stuffed!!!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 11, 2008 12:05 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like quite the heavy duty beast.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC