8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Meopta Admira 16A1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Meopta Admira 16A1
Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2008 11:04 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just acquired one of these cameras in superb condition off Ebay. It's missing it's Backwind Handle (anyone got one?) and it's battery charger (no problem, I have a universal NiCad/NiMh charger). The seller said he couldn't test the motor as the battery was flat so I took a chance and got it for a very reasonable price.
When I removed the battery pack from the pistol grip I found that one of the leaf spring contacts was corroded so cleaned it up. To my surprise the (original) NiCad batteries were showing some output!. After 2 or 3 charging cycles, they were back to full power! The pack holds 8 AA size NiCads and can easily be refilled with NiMh's for extra capacity.
As far as I can see, the only other problem is a mark inside the viewfinder; I'll have to work out how to get in to it.
This is the twin turret version with C-mount lenses, backwind and single shot capability; the single lens version (16A) had a non-standard Meopta thread, no backwind or single shot.
Now I have to be able to afford the film to try it!

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC