8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Elmo 16CL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 16CL
Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2008 08:05 PM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Used the 16CL as normal but when the control dial was switched from 'LAMP' to 'OFF' the lamp stayed on. In fact the lamp now stays on for all the control dial settings. The only way to switch it off is to turn off the power button at the back of the machine.

Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2008 08:38 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,maybe you must try to change the microswicht of the lamp,that what it happen to my 16cl once changed everything works fine. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2008 03:51 AM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks but what/where is the 'microswitch' and how do I change it?

Regards

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2008 07:03 AM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi!
the microswicht is placed inside the machine,look like this:  -
you must to unsolder the conections and replaced the old microswicht with a new one soldering the conections in the rigth order again.Once you do it everything must be ok.i recomend you to download the elmo repair manual from this site because will be more easy to do job if you the manual.

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2008 09:23 AM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know of someone in London who could repair this?

Cheers.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC