8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Check Out These Projectors In The UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Check Out These Projectors In The UK
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 29, 2008 08:26 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These could turn out to be very good deals on 16mm projectors for prospective buyers in the UK or Europe. No reserves. A Magnaflex, B&H and one Heurtier.

Here is the link. Be sure to see seller's other auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEURTIER-S-8-16mmPROJECTOR-INTEGRAL-AUTOMATIC-STEREOVOX_W0QQitemZ320321409742QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudiVideoElectronics_Video_Electronics?hash=item32032140974 2&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 30, 2008 03:02 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we'll find that Heurtier is a 8mm projector.

[ November 30, 2008, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Michael O'Regan ]

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2008 11:00 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one is interesting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAGNAFLEX-16mm-PROJECTOR-MODEL-MCE-burgess-lane-Co-ltd_W0QQitemZ320321408162QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudiVideoElectronics_Video_Electronics?hash=item3203214 08162&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

It's got two sets of arms, the normal one for the film an antother on the back. It looks like the rear one is expecting perforated media - do I take it that this is for playing film and perforated 16mm audio tape?

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 30, 2008 12:09 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. Got a few of those, all documentaries. We just enjoy the superb images and play some background music. I have an amazing looking travelogue about Lebanon in magnificent Kodachrome.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 30, 2008 02:28 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I too thought the Heurtier might be an 8mm. Since these came from an institution, they are probably very clean.

Jean-Marc, travelogues from the past are a fav at our home cinema also. Kodachrome really does set the period. [Smile]

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2008 04:58 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Stewart,

Looks like a B&H that's been custom modified as a dual band projector to run 16mm full coat on one side in synchronization with the picture. Siemens made such a beast and in the US W. A. Palmer made a modification to the Graflex 16 to run double band or interlock. I think Elf also made a modification to the RM Eiki to do the same thing.

Nice machine if it works, however with any custom modification, you'd be on your own to sort out any problem with the electronics and parts would be a custom machining job. (But at 4.99 it would be a bargin.)

John

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 30, 2008 05:05 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgot to mention that, yes, the Heurtier Stereovox is a stereo sound super 8 machine. Finally one that didn't require you to send all your films to the Heurtier factory to have them retracked, since early machines had sound head located further away (more than 18 frames) from the film gate. And, if it's clean, you have a fine tank on your hands, giving really good sound.

Dan, yes, Kodachrome travelogues are incredibly vivid, they do look like animated postcards.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 01, 2008 02:26 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What spool capacity do those Heurtiers have?

Are they reliable?

Any info at all would be appreciated.

-Mike

[ December 01, 2008, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Michael O'Regan ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC