8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Found a Mag Sound Projector....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Found a Mag Sound Projector....
Wade Epler
Junior

- posted February 07, 2009 04:34 AM      Profile for Wade Epler   Email Wade Epler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I finally found a magnetic/optical projector of my very own-an old, beat-up B&H 202! This is my first encounter with this type of B&H, so I had a few questions on using this model:

I found three oiling ports on the top of the projector head, more or less all side by side. Are there any others that I missed? What is the thread pattern for rewinding? If I rewind the film like I normally would on any other projector, the film will rub sharply against the top of the case on its way to the supply reel. How do I remove the bulb? I was able to unscrew the bottom out of the lamphouse, and I can see a retaining spring holding the underside of the bulb, but I can't remove it. What am I doing wrong there?

I have cleaned and oiled what I could, and as a silent projector it performs perfectly. I have removed the amp for the time being as it is very old and will need new capacitors. The old photocell tube may be damaged as the base is very loose. If I were to use this as a mag sound only projector, would it still work, or must a good photocell be in circuit for it to work in mag? Otherwise, the rest of the amp looks like one of the old radios or tvs that I like to work on, so it hopefully shouldn't be too troublesome to operate on (though it is tremendously cramped!)

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2009 05:52 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Information on the amp wiull be found here: http://www.film-tech.com/ Go to Manuals (on the left) then 16mm projectors... scroll down..

The mechanism is common to many B&H machines with similar numbers... browse through the actual manuals for similar photographs.
martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC