8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Fixing drop down anamorphic lens bracket on Elf Eiki projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fixing drop down anamorphic lens bracket on Elf Eiki projector
Robert Lewis
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2009 02:17 PM      Profile for Robert Lewis   Email Robert Lewis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have only just joined the Forum and so I guess I should first of all say hi to everybody.

Having done that, I am looking for some advice.

I have an Elf Eiki ST1-H and a drop down anamorphic lens bracket. The problem is that at the present time they are not attached to each other!

I want to fix the bracket to the projector and I see the two screws just below the lens which is where the bracket should be fixed. It seems to me, however, that it is necessary to remove the two screws, then screw the bracket on from the inside of the projector. To do that, it seems to be necessary to remove the transformer unit in order to gain access from the inside.

Am I correct?

Any general advice would be most welcome.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 07, 2009 05:33 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert and welcome to the forum.

Your spot on with the mounting of the bracket. The transformer does have to be removed to allow you to screw through from the back of the machine into the bracket.

I have moved this to the 16mm Forum as you had out this in the for sale section.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Robert Lewis
Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2009 02:40 AM      Profile for Robert Lewis   Email Robert Lewis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin.

Thank you very much indeed for your response to my request for advice. I am very grateful, even though it confirms that I do have to remove the transformer! Also apologies for messing things up with the original posting.

Bob

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 08, 2009 05:36 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries about that it's easy to do.

Good luck with the dismantling. Fortunately its easy to get that transformer out and the job will probably only take you about 10mins to do.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC