8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm Magnetic Sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm Magnetic Sound
James Paterson
Junior

- posted June 21, 2009 06:34 PM      Profile for James Paterson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I am seeking a 16mm projector with magnetic and optical sound capabilities and preferably the ability to speed up to 25fps

I am located in melbourne, australia and having difficulties finding one with the above capabilitys, the bulk of them i have seen here are optical only - where as the bulk of my collection is magnetic striped news film shot at 25fps which i want to convert to video.

Perhaps someone may be able to help where i might find one, or may have one themselves for sale

James

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 21, 2009 07:23 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James a good one to go for I`d say, and affordable is the meopta Meoclub Electronic 2. I think it has 25fps capacity, optical and magenetic playback and megnetic record too. They were made in about 1984 and you can usuall pick an OK one up for around 50-100 Euros so maybe worth the carriage to you.

Heres an example though this is a lottle high and a bit grubby.

Best Mark.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Meoclub-16-Electronic-2-16mm-Cine-projector_W0QQitemZ140326612204QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPhotographica_Film?hash=item20ac1e2cec&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10 %7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 01:22 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James
I would suggest a Siemans 2000 16mm Sound Projector.
They have a variable speed control that enables an increase in projection speed to more than 24fps & less than 16fps.
They are available in either optical sound or optical/magnetic sound.
They are often on ebay australia.
dogtor

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2009 08:59 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Frank James, the Siemans come up regularly on ebay Australia. Sometimes labelled as a Hanimex as they were distributed here by them.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC