8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Ebay Fantastic Voyage on 16mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay Fantastic Voyage on 16mm
Hamid Moqadam
Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2009 07:50 PM      Profile for Hamid Moqadam   Email Hamid Moqadam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sew this movie for sale right now in Ebay, says its Fuji print, flat, no lines or scratches, no fade or shift color to red or pink, probably little bit to orange. I looked carefully to the samples and they look fine; the only thing I noticed is long tiny black lines in most pics. I like this movie a lot and I think worth to have it on 16mm, but the thing I don’t see anybody bidding for it.

Have anybody idea if fuji great print or any general opinion?

Many thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2009 01:01 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw what you meant - the first screen capture has very faint lines but the others don't show any. The seller did state that there were some that didn't last, so I hope that's accurate.

Fuji film can fade, it just does it a lot slower than standard Eastman stock. The photos look orangy and it's impossible to tell if that's the camera conditions or the film. For the price the seller is asking, I'd ask for more photos, perhaps a macro closeup of a little of the film itself and not a screen shot.

Fujicolor is also a little less crisp in focus. The better color comes at the expense of the fine grain that we typically see from Eastman film. You can't have everything, apparently!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 04, 2009 07:06 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone got a link to the auction at all?

Hamid Moqadam
Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2009 12:42 PM      Profile for Hamid Moqadam   Email Hamid Moqadam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill. I see what you mean, I noticed Fuji is little crisp, but you have to look closer for other captures to see other faint black lines. But generally I feel its superb print.

Hi Michael, I think the link is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200379127900&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The item number listed in Ebay is: 200379127900.

Good luck.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 04, 2009 07:15 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theres also Fuji Rot to consider where the stock can start to break down.
This title ia about on LPP kodak Hamid with colour that will stay. If there is the start of colour movement on the fuji on this print it will likely be on the point of worsening.

I know a chap who could get some amazing prints done new on 16mm if you can afford them, actually not too bad.

The Kodak ( and Agfa and Fuji polyester ) stock now is amazing.

Best Mark

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 05, 2009 05:10 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Only Kodak & Fuji stocks are available now as alas, Agfa went under a few years a go [Frown]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 08, 2009 12:20 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The screen capture shows fade to me, only it is not worst (yet).

But once you see on that stage, I believe next 2 years, it will be worsening (go to brownish/pinkish). Especially in your country, Hamid [Wink]

It's hot and humid. Please take that into your consideration.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC