8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » ELF TRIPE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELF TRIPE
Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2010 03:58 AM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surprise surprise. More Elf trouble.

The loop restorer on the NT1 keeps engaging for some reason. As it continually rotates, the picture jumps and jumps.

Is there any way of stopping this?

There doesn't seem to be half the trouble with the Elmo 16CL as there is with these pesky Elfs.

[ May 02, 2010, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Den Brown ]

|  IP: Logged

John Pechulis
Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2010 11:53 AM      Profile for John Pechulis   Email John Pechulis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Elf projectors are the european Eiki models. Depending on which loop you are losing, you may need to adjust the feed or take-up sprocket timing. Not all that difficult.

By the way, Eiki projectors are a great machine. I find them bullet proof if they are maitained like any other projector.

JP

--------------------
History frozen in the frames of film

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 02, 2010 01:02 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only used Elfs for years and never any major problems at all. I think they are very reliable, generally speaking.
However, I'm pretty certain that somebody else described a similar problem to yours recently. It was either here or on another forum - perhaps the 16mm forum.
Do a search and you may come up with something.

Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2010 01:51 PM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info.

Last time the focus knob had gone, before that it was coming to terms with the fact that every splice passing through the gate gives the impression that Geoff Capes is playing trapeze on the film loop. Now this restorer issue.

Have none of this with the Elmo 16CL.

Will investigate further.

Cheers.

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2010 01:57 AM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Den.

Please go to:-
www.projectioncrewonly.co.uk/ellprqzx.htm
where I have placed a downloadable PDF copy of the adjustments for setting the loop restorer.
Hope this helps.

Hugh.

--------------------
EIKI Ex 6100 xenon machine.

Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2010 05:57 PM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC