8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Elmo 16-CL pinch roller problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 16-CL pinch roller problems
William Wells
Junior

- posted May 20, 2010 03:30 PM      Profile for William Wells   Email William Wells   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read all of the posts on here concerning this, but I still am a little lost. I understand that four pinch rollers contain rubber. Which rollers? I didn't realize this would be an issue with my projector, so I discovered the problem as I was feeding film through. As a result, the disgusting black goop is everywhere!
If someone could post a picture of which rollers need to have rubber, that would be awesome. I also would like to know if there is a step by step method to follow when replacing them so I don't wind up dismantling the entire projector if I don't need to. Thank you for any and all help!

|  IP: Logged

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2010 05:17 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you take off the front cover and, better yet, the cover over the volume and tone controls, it is rather obvious which rollers have rubber. The two closest to the function knob, contact each other when in forward. The next one is to the left of those, and comes in contact with the flywheel capstan. The final one is to left of that, and is before the rear sprocket.
When replacing them, just do them one at a time. You don't have to dismantle too much stuff.

--------------------
John Hermes

William Wells
Junior

- posted May 20, 2010 05:37 PM      Profile for William Wells   Email William Wells   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I was able to get the first three (moving left from the lens) but how do you get the last one out? It is held in by the arm that it is positioned on.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC