8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » The most recent 16mm feature releases

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The most recent 16mm feature releases
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2010 05:39 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering what how many different features from the 21st century made it to 16mm.

It is my understanding that "Cars" from Pixar/Disney was the last to be released.

Were there any features from other companies released in this format in the last decade.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 18, 2010 07:18 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was something I took a close interest in and I suspect that the frequent references I've seen to 'Cars' may all stem from posts I've put on the subject in the past on certain forums!

The answer to your question is yes, and although I could not give you an accurate estimate, I'd say that the number of 21st century features on 16mm runs into a few hundred - a very rough guess would be between about 300 and 500 from 2000 onwards.

I believe that the majority of these went into the Swank library and you could see lists of regular new additions on 16mm up to 2005. Two from 2005 that I remember are the first 'Chronicles of Narnia' film and 'War of the Worlds'. They then came to an abrupt end the end of 2005 before 'Cars' surprisingly being added several months into 2006. Presumably there was a contract with Disney that caused this to be added well after films from other distributors had ceased to be added.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2011 10:20 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

it looks like the newest film available on 16mm @ criterion pictures is "27 Dresses" (2008).

Jörg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC