8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Help needed to price of projectors and movies - new member

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help needed to price of projectors and movies - new member
Darryl Cheek
Junior

- posted August 28, 2010 07:40 AM      Profile for Darryl Cheek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
I have already learned from reading this forum that if the plastic worm gear on my Bell & Howell is brocken then it is destined for parts only, thanks for the help. I now have the opportunity to bid on a local site for an Eiki and a Paillard Bolex as well as 6 movies. The titles being:- That certain feeling, Captain Lightfoot, Quantez, Shoot out at Medicine Bend, Mr Cory and Interlude. Any ideas on what this lot are worth? Thank you, Darryl

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2010 12:30 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be helpful to let us know what model Eiki and Bolex you are considering.

Darryl Cheek
Junior

- posted September 11, 2010 12:09 PM      Profile for Darryl Cheek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry, quite correct that would have been helpful. I did buy them anyway. The Eiki turned out to be a RM-1 in pretty good condition. Through information gleaned from the forum I have done some servicing and it's performing well, so I'm happy there. The Paillard Bolex is a S311 which has had the globe modified and destroys film if there is a break so that's pensioned off. The films have lots of breaks, sticky tape and brocken sprockets so I am going to be very busy with restoration. I picked the lot up for about 187 dollars. I think it's a reasonable start to a 16mm collection. Really good expensive films can come later once I have enough knowledge and experience not to damage them. I also bought today another Eiki M-1 ( not in as good condition )for about 75 dollars with scope lens and a zoom converter. Haven't figured out what a zoom converter is yet! Plus spare globes ten reels of movies, Hop Along Cassidy, Star Trek etc. So I have more than enough to experiment with and get started.
Cheers for now.
Back to the splicing board!
Darryl

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC