8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bell Howell Filmo Diplomat problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell Howell Filmo Diplomat problem
Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2010 08:59 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Group: I've got a mint Bell & Howell Filmo Diplomat 16mm. When I run a film, the take-up reel seems to spin faster than the film is fed through the sprockets. It pulls the upper and lower loop out and tightens onto the take-up reel. If I remove the take-up reel from the spindle and run the film, it runs through just fine. Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2010 04:38 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check you haven't got it in rewind? I think there is a gearing system on the take up arm that needs to be clicked out of the rewing mode.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2010 08:47 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are correct, there is a lever on the top reel arm that switches from forward to rewind. The film gate lever must be open to be able to switch it to rewind, so a mistake like you've mentioned can't happen. It is in the correct postion. Thanks.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC