8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Ampro Premier 20 problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ampro Premier 20 problem
Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2011 10:08 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got this unit. Fired it up and ran for a minute and quit. Took the belt off and spun the upper shaft to see if the gears were stuck but it turned fine as did the spindle and sprockets. Removed fan cover, spun it and it is not binding. nothing seems bound up. Left it alone over night, and this evening turned it on again, with belt still off and it ran wonderfully. Turned it off and then turned it on again and now it will not run at all. I have the bottom off and have tapped wires and components inside while it is switched on, but nothing. Anyone have any idea what the problem may be? Tubes light up and exciter lamp lights.

|  IP: Logged

David Tavares jr.
Junior

- posted January 07, 2011 06:11 PM      Profile for David Tavares jr.   Email David Tavares jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry does it have a motor starter capacitor i would check that.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2011 08:53 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I pulled the motor out and discovered one of the brushes was hung up and making very poor contact. Got it back together and it purrs like a kitten. Thanks to Frank for his help.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC