8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Filmosound TQII

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Filmosound TQII
Alan Byrne
Junior

- posted July 05, 2011 01:27 PM      Profile for Alan Byrne   Email Alan Byrne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The take-up spool on my Filmosound doesn't always engage when I switch from reverse to forward. From what I can see it appears that the plastic take-up gear contains metal bearings which should clamp to provide drive when forward is engaged and then release to allow free wheeling in reverse. Having recently been through the pain of worm gear replacement I'm keen to get over this last hurdle.

I suspect that either the grease has become too viscous and needs to be replaced or the converse, not enough grease. Any knowledgeable folk out there who can advise ?

Thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Nick Davis
Junior

- posted August 01, 2011 03:23 PM      Profile for Nick Davis   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Make sure the rewind button is not sticking, in the down position, as this will cause this problem.

The other mayby the rear arm is still in the disingaged position from rewind. push the rear arm button lift rear arm into rewind mode, then place back into normal takeup mode, this should sort it.
Any other problems then seek help from:
nostalgiafilm.webs.com
Tel: 0788 429 7535
Bell & Howell engineer based in Sussex uk.

Clive Carmock
Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2011 03:04 PM      Profile for Clive Carmock   Email Clive Carmock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if you still have this problem - but if so this might help. My TQ II was doing the exact same thing. If you remove the back and also the top covers of the machine, you will see there is a white nylon gear that swings from side to side to engage drive on the feed & take up spools depending on the direction of run.

I found that lubricating the spindle on which this arm pivotes has cured the problem for me - I think the original grease had dried out.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC