8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Victor UK made model 40 voltage ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Victor UK made model 40 voltage ?
Alan Byrne
Junior

- posted July 11, 2011 03:23 AM      Profile for Alan Byrne   Email Alan Byrne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Victor projector which was made in England, it appears to be the same as the US model 40 but has no model number or voltage information unlike the US ones. I don't have the power lead and I'm looking for information as to whether it runs 240V or 110V. Power connector is a bulgin 2 pole + earth.

Anyone have any information ? I believe it may be called a "Greyline" in the UK.

Thanks,

Alan.

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 11, 2011 08:08 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan.
I’m not a great deal of help to you here sorry to say, but I did attend the home of a 16mm collector many years ago who had a black Victor sound projector and this had an external transformer. The machine ran perfectly but I am no help as to what model it was. Perhaps you could try and run your own machine on 110v to see if it fully powers up? Although with the earth present it may suggest it’s a 240 model but don’t hold me to it. The machine my friend had also displayed the Victor name in front of the speaker with chrome finish and the whole machine was a real beauty to behold.

I wonder if your machine may just have a 240 volt internal fuse which may give the game away to you?

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC